ixx

All was well.

Damien had to move to sanitation as punishment, or so I've been told. Poe and I were doing well, and Mage and Esma were casually flirting with each other all the time.

Poe took me on a few dates, we enjoyed each others company and had a great relationship for the next few months. He's gone on a few other missions and sometimes he brought me stuff back, which got him in trouble with the General.

"You know it's been 10 months since I met you?" Poe asked as I tried to find some documents in my desk.

I turn around to face him as he played with a pen on my bed. He kept clicking it and twirling it between his fingers as he laid on his back and stared at the ceiling.

"You were counting?" I asked and Poe smile proudly without looking at me.

"Of course I've been counting." He said. "Also I still haven't put away the release note, it's on my desk."

I laugh and turn back to my desk, finally noticing the papers I was looking for. Counting through the papers I hear the bed squeak as Poe gets off of it.

His arms wrap around my waist and his head rests on my shoulder. I smile and lean into him while I read the documents.

"What are those?" He asks.

"Just forms that I need to bring to work." I say and Poe starts swaying on the spot, making me move as well.

"I want to dance." Poe grabs the papers out of my hands and lightly tossed them on my desk.

He then turns me around and places my arms on his shoulders before his go to my waist. Poe pulls me closer and starts swaying.

"There's no music." I say and smile a little at Poe, who has his eyes closed. In response to me he starts humming a soft tune and I laugh quietly.

I rest my head against his chest, where I could feel little vibrations as he hummed. We stayed like that for a bit before Poe's lips kissed the top of my head and he stopped humming.

"I need to talk with you, Stitches." Poe said softly and I lifted my head off his chest to look at him.

"Of course." I said and removed myself from his arms, then led him to my bed where we sat down. I crossed my legs and rested my hands in my lap while my body fully faced my significant other.

Poe ran a hand down his face, he suddenly looked stressed which confused me because he was so content a few moments ago. I gently placed my hand on top of his, which rested on the bed.

"I need to go on a mission." Poe said and looked at my desk. I guess he was doing what I did, speak to something else while the other person listens.

"You go on missions all the time." I furrowed my eyebrows, not understanding why this was any different.

"This is a dangerous mission." Poe sighed and closed his eyes. "I go alone and if I get captured the Resistance wont come for me."

I retract my hand back. Alone? Why would he go alone? And why won't the Resistance rescue him? He's the best pilot ever, they need him.

"Why?" I ask and Poe looks up into my eyes, he has a solemn look on his face.

"It's top secret," he says, then takes a quick look around my room (I'm not sure what for) before scoring closer to me and leaning in to whisper. "The General might have found a map that leads to Luke Skywalker."

The name sounded familiar, extremely familiar. Skywalker, I've heard it before but I couldn't place where. Instead of asking Poe why I knew that name I nodded my head.

A small sad smile etched its way onto his face.

"You don't know who that is." He let out a couple dry laughs and I shook my head with an apologetic look.

"It's familiar." I admit.

"He's the last Jedi." Poe clarifies and my mind finally clicks and I nod and sit up a little straighter.

"He defeated Darth Vader, yes." I let Poe know that I'm up to speed, he smiles then takes my hands in his. He lets out a sigh and I intertwine our fingers.

"I need to go, Lyla." His eyes drop to our hands and I don't think he could bare to look at me.

"Then go." I say and run my thumbs over his knuckles. His eyes flash up to me and I smile reassuringly. "You always come back."

Instead of saying anything, Poe breaks apart our hands and his arms go around my waist to pull me closer. I squeak a bit at the sudden movement but I wrap my arms over his shoulders and hug him back.

"You're amazing." I hear him whisper into my hair.

"I know." I sigh and tighten my arms around the man I've come to adore.

I hear him chuckle and feel his chest vibrate against mine as he holds me for a few more minutes.