xi

"Good morning Dr. Coven." Damien entered my office.

"Good morning, Damien." I offer him a short smile. "What can I do for you?"

"Commander Dameron is requesting to see you." He said.

In my head I start doing cartwheels. I expected Poe to tell General Organa about me, but instead he kept it to himself, I can't remember anyone I've trusted that well before - or even after - Esma. Of course that just made my feelings for him grow. I felt like a schoolgirl with a crush on an older kid, and to be honest that was embarrassing. He had women casually flirting with him all the time, and after I told him about my father, he probably saw me as some vulnerable kid.

"Thank you, Damien, tell him I'll be right out."

However instead of leaving Damien stood in the doorway of my office. I sent him a confused look.

"I know that it's none of my business," he starts, "but are you and Commander Dameron - uh - together?"

I sent him a soft smile.

"You're right, it is none of your business." I say and go back to my work. "Tell him I'll be right out."

I hear Damien huff and slam my door as he exits. I could have handled that a bit better but Damien needs to know his place and my life is none of his business.

As I sign the last form I collect the document and proceed out of my office to the waiting area. Poe was standing there looking handsome as always, he rocked back and forth on his heels as if he were an impatient child.

"Cir, could you please give these forms to Dr. Onomula, keppa di to?" I speak to the receptionist and she smiles.

I then turn to Poe who has a smile on his face as he watches me.

"I have to be back after lunch," I say and his smile drops only a little. "So let's go."

We both walk out of the ward, Poe's legs we longer than mine so I struggled a little to keep up with him.

"Why are you going to fast?" I ask.

Poe ignores me.

"What did you tell Damien?" Poe questions me instead. "Because he did not look happy when he came back."

My words must have pissed off Damien.

"He asked if we were together and I told him that it's none of his business." I look to the opposite side of where Poe was.

Poe laughs. I smile a little.

"Good call, why is he so into you?"

I feel a slight stab to the heart. I must've looked pained because Poe quickly realized what he said.

"No no, I don't mean it like that!" His eye widen and he stops moving. "You're beautiful - of course I understand why he would be into you - I-I just mean why does he still try and go for you when you're clearly not interested."

Poe looks panicked and I can't help but giggle. Poe breaths a sigh of relief and runs a hand through his curly hair.

We continue walking.

"You think I'm beautiful?" I smirk a little.

"Well duh," he states as if it were common knowledge. "Everyone does, some people just make it more obvious."

I blush a little at this compliment and turn away again.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as I realize we were walking into the center of the base.