Chapter 18

it has been a LONG week so there might be some typos guys

~~~~~~~~~~

Alana and Trixie spent about an hour lounging around the living room, throwing ideas about the heist in the air, until the boys finally began to wake up. First came Kord, then, surprisingly, Pronto. Trixie and Alana worked on making them breakfast (at this point, it could probably have been considered an early lunch), and were debating whether or not someone should go ahead and wake up Eli when the Shane finally came walking down the stairs.

"Look who finally decided to join us," Trixie teased as she handed Kord and Pronto their own plates of eggs. "Want some breakfast?"

"Please," Eli said as he stretched out his arms. Alana got another plate out while Trixie restarted the stovetop and began making another egg.

"What do you want to drink?" Alana asked, swinging open the refrigerator door.

"Water, please," Eli responded. Alana grabbed a bottle and turned to toss it across the counter to him. For a moment, their eyes locked, and Alana faltered as she remembered last night. Those eyes.

So much like Will.

Alana blinked and pushed the thought away as she tossed the water to him.

"Thanks," he said, seeming to hesitate on his own before heading over to sit by Pronto and Kord. Alana shut the fridge and walked over to the living area as Trixie used the spatula to set Eli's egg on a plate and carried it over to him. Alana sat on her bean bag chair while Trixie sat on the couch next to Eli.

"Thanks," Eli said as he dug into his food.

"Did you two already eat?" Kord asked.

"We've both been up for a little while," Alana responded. "And we heard from Sam Gray about an hour ago."

Eli looked up at Trixie and Alana.

"What did she say about the plans?" he asked.

"We're gonna have an early morning tomorrow. The train with the supplies leaves Gray Enterprise at seven," Trixie said, annoyed. "Blakk will be on the train, but Sam's parents won't be. The workers will be from Blakk Industries, not Gray Enterprise, so they'll have access to ghouls."

"So we're not just dealin' with business people," Kord said. "It's the usual Blakk threat."

Alana nodded.

"As far as exact layout, we don't have blueprints, but Sam is scheduled to oversee the cargo and make sure it gets to Blakk Industries in one piece," she said. "She said it looks like our best bet is to let the train cars go between Gray Enterprise and Blakk's citadel. The train will have the slugs in the back, then Mecha and blaster mods, then drill equipment."

"That makes things easier on us," Eli said. "Our top priority is rescuing the slugs. After that, the equipment is a bonus."

"Pronto hates to say it, but we may have only been able to board the other trains because Blakk wanted us too. How will we get on this one?" Pronto asked.

"That's a good point," Kord said. "The more of us are on the train, and the longer we're on, the more we run the risk of getting caught."

"But at the same time, the more of us are there, the more efficiently we work," Trixie noted.

"Then maybe we find a good medium," Alana said. "We need the slugs to be the easiest to save, so we should get those first and have the minimum amount of people on the train. From there, it's already going to get harder, so we can add more people as we go."