Chapter 2

Chapter 2 

Mai's P.O.V 

It was just another boring day at the office for me. I made tea for Lin and Naru, without getting one thank you from Naru again. Honestly, can't he be grateful for once and say thank you? I mean how hard is it to say two words? I am grateful for the job though. I gasped. Is it because he's still angry at me for breaking the camera!? I didn't know he could hold a grudge for that long! ...Somehow, I don't think that's it... I wonder if Naru remembers Aki from this morning. Oh well... "Hello, is someone here?" 

"Ah, come on in the door's open." I said getting up and opening the door. "Come in." It looked like a married couple this time. Huh, I could see some resemblance between them and Aki. I gasp. "You don't happen to be Aki's parents are you?" The lady smiled. 

"I see, you go to the same school as her?" 

"Yes, she's my classmate. My name is Mai Taniyama." 

"I'm Yuzuki Haru and this is my husband, Isamu Haru. We're here on Aki's behalf. Is your boss around?" 

"Yes, have a seat and I'll get him for you." I wonder if this has to do with the fact that Aki can see and talk to spirits. Aki isn't going to be happy about this. I thought frowning as I knocked on Naru's door. 

"Come in." 

"Um, Mr. and Mrs. Haru are here to see you." 

"What is it about?" 

"Their daughter..." I said frowning. 

"What's wrong?" I shook my head. 

"I think I know what this is about, but you'll see." I sighed and left the door open as I went back into the sitting area. I waited patiently as Naru got Lin and the two of them joined me on the couch sitting across from Aki's parents. 

"What have you come here for?" Naru asked them. 

"You see, we just moved back to Japan a few days ago, but that's not why we're here. Our daughter Aki has been claiming she can see and talk to ghosts since she was very young. We moved to America to see if it was just a phase but she saw them there too." Mrs. Haru said shaking her head. "My husband has walked in on her having conversations with herself. But she wasn't talking to herself, she was talking like there was something in the room with her." 

"How old is she now?" 

"She's about Mai-san's age." 

"Mai, do you know her?" 

"Yes, I met her this morning and from what she's told me, so have you." I said scowling at him for forgetting her. He looked thoughtful for a moment. 

"What do you mean?" I groaned. 

"She ran into you this morning." 

"I see." I smacked my forehead. "Anyways, has she told you about being able to see and speak with ghosts?" 

"Yes, and I believe her." As I was saying this, I could see the disbelief in her mom and dad's faces. 

"I see. Will you call her and have her come here?" 

"I can call her." Mrs. Haru said digging out her phone. Naru nodded. She dialed a number and put the phone to her ear. "Aki, dear, will you come to this address for me? Don't argue with me, young lady." She said scowling. "Now get over here," Mrs. Haru gave her the address and hung up the phone. Then she snapped her phone shut and sighed. "She's on her way." 

"Good, now, has anything else happened when she was speaking to these ghosts?" 

"What do you mean?" Mr. Haru asked frowning.