Chapter 6

Chapter 6 

Ayako and I were sitting in silence and it was kind of awkward, so I started humming a song from an anime. I heard from an anime. "Aki, that's really creepy." Ayako muttered, interrupting me. 

"Huh? Oh sorry. It's stuck in my head." I said grinning. She smiled. 

"Don't worry about it. Where did you hear it?" 

"Oh, well I heard it from an anime I've been watching." She snorted. 

"You watch stuff like that?" 

"Yeah, is that a problem?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She shook head. 

"No, I just never thought you'd be the kind of person who's into anime." I shrugged. 

"So what kind of warding spells was Naru talking about?" 

"Remember this: Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen!" While she said this she moved her hands like she was cutting the air. 

"Rin, Pyo, To, Sha, Kai, Jin, Retsu, Zai, Zen?" She nodded. 

"There are nine. That should help you if you're alone and a spirit attacks you." I smiled. 

"Thanks, Ayako." 

"Anytime, but um, are you sure you don't want to talk about what happened? It's not good to keep it bottled up." 

"Don't worry, I already talked it out with Naru." She snorted. 

"With Naru?" 

"Yeah, you'd be surprised. He's actually a good listener." I said shrugging. "I'm assuming Lin was listening from the kitchen." 

"Well, Mai said your clothes were all wet when she got there this morning. Were you out in the rain this morning?" I sighed. 

"Yeah, I don't exactly have a place to stay." 

"So this has something to do with your family?" She asked looking at me through her peripheral vision. 

"Yes, but like I said, I don't feel like talking about it." She smiled. 

"Okay, I understand. What are you going to do about your living arrangement though?" 

"I think I'll ask Mai if I can stay with her until I get the money to get my own apartment." I said thoughtfully. 

"I'm sure she won't mind." Ayako said nodding. The rest of the way was spent in silence which was fine by me because I was still tired and my stomach was starting to bother me. "Ne, Ayako? Do you have any Tylenol or Ibuprofen on you?" 

"Yeah, here." She said giving me some. 

"Thanks." I didn't have any water on me, so I swallowed them dry. We were finally at the school. I met up with Naru and Mai. It looked like Mai was trying to get some information out of him and he was ignoring her. I chuckled. "So what's this test you were talking about yesterday?" I asked, causing Mai to jump. Wow, for someone who deals with a lot of paranormal cases, she startles easily. 

"Basically, I'm going to hypnotize everyone and plant a thought in their mind." 

"Like?" 

"I'll tell them that a stack of lunch trays in the cafeteria are going to be sitting in front of the cafeteria tomorrow morning. If it works, then that means the poltergeist activities are being pulled off by a human and if nothing happens, then we're up against a spirit." Naru explained as we walked into the school. 

"Oh, so how accurate is this test?" 

"100%."  

"That's a lot of confidence." I said chuckling. He sighed. "Well, I can safely assume that things will get more interesting from here on out."