Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

Aki's P.O.V 

At eight o'clock exactly, I was standing outside the SPR office door. I guess Naru called the principal and if you're wondering, I kind of adopted Mai's name for him and she didn't mind. She told me the others call him that too. I had a bag of clothes with me just in case we had to stay on sight for a case. Mai told me about all the cases they had done so far last night via text. I guess you could say we've bonded. I told Michiru about it all and she was happy for me, Keiko too. But I've only been to class for one day and I'm already going to be exempt from school for the next four days. Apparently the cases that SPR do take lasts at least four, maybe five days max according to Mai. I finally knocked on the door after staring at it for two minutes straight and walked in. "It's about time you got here." A lady with long red hair said frowning. I rolled my eyes. 

"Well excuse me for not having very good punctuality." The guy with blond hair, pulled back in a pony tail sniggered. 

"She sure got you Ayako." 

"Oh shut up." 

"I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Aki Haru." 

"Hosho Takigawa, but you can just call me Monk. Just about everyone else does." The guy with blond hair pulled back in a pony tail said smiling. 

"So you're a Monk?" 

"Yep!" 

"Cool." 

"I'm Ayako Matsuzaki, I'm a priestess." 

"Sure don't act like it..." I muttered quietly. 

"What was that, you brat!?" 

"Nothing, Matsuzaki-san." I said smiling widely. Monk just laughed at this earning a swat to the back of his head. 

"I'm John Brown, I'm a Catholic Priest." A blond haired kid said with an Australian accent. 

"Wow, you're so young!" He chuckled. 

"I get that a lot." 

"And I already know who you are, Masako Hara-san. I've seen a few of your shows." She smiled. 

"It's nice to meet you, Aki. It's okay if I call you that right?" 

"Only if I can call you Masako, because I hate using honorifics." She chuckled. 

"That's fine with me." Ayako sighed. 

"I guess you can call me Ayako, then." 

"If everyone is acquainted, I'd like to start on the case." Naru said rudely. I huffed. 

"Rude..." I muttered sitting down next to John and Mai. Mai and John sniggered as Naru sighed. 

"So what are we up against this time?" Monk asked as soon as everyone was seated. 

"The principal of Chinmoku High School called me yesterday reporting students being possessed and what to me sounds like poltergeist activity." 

"Possessions?" Mai asked wide-eyed. 

"Apparently it happens to one student a week and in the words of the principal, 'I'm getting tired of hiring people who can't get rid of this,'" 

"So in other words, he's called us in to do an exorcism on whatever spirit is possessing the kids and a poltergeist?" Ayako asked frowning. 

"That's what I just said." Naru said sighing. Ayako scowled at him and huffed. Hm... They act almost as if they're like a family. I smiled. They may be a bit dysfunctional but that's okay with me. I wish my family was like this.