Chapter 4

Chapter 4 

Aki's P.O.V 

"Aki, we're here." Mai said shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and yawned as I stretched my arms above my head. 

"Oh, so this is the school, huh? It's pretty big." I said as we got out of the car. 

"I wonder what kind of poltergeist activity is going on. Naru didn't exactly tell us what's going on." Monk said frowning as we walked up to the school. We spotted Ayako, Masako, Lin, and Naru waiting by the school entrance with a man whom I obviously didn't recognize. 

"Well he didn't exactly get the chance to tell us." John said smiling as we walked up to them. 

"This is Hideyoshi-san, he's the counselor. He's going to take show us where we're going to set up base." Naru said as we bowed respectively towards him. 

"Hello everyone, thank you for coming. Ichirou-san the principal isn't in today, so the vice principal Ishida-san asked me to show you to your room." 

"Thank you." Mai frowned at this. 

"Hey, Mai, what's wrong?" I whispered to her. 

"Why can't Naru ever thank me when I bring him tea!?" She whispered furiously. I chuckled. 

"He liiiikes you~" I said grinning. She blushed. 

"He does not!" 

"Aw, you're so cute when you're in denial." She glared at me and I just laughed. 

"Is something funny?" Naru asked staring at me hard. I rolled my eyes. 

"Yes, but you wouldn't get it if it danced in front of you naked, so why bother asking?" Everyone just stared at me opened mouthed and wide-eyed in shock. Naru sighed looking annoyed. 

"Can we just get back to work?" He asked after a short pause. 

"Sure thing, boss man!" I said grinning. He began to massage his temples as we finally arrived at our destination. I smirked. This isn't going to be as bad as I thought it would be. 

"You can all use the conference room." Hideyoshi-san said looking a bit awkward after hearing what I said to Naru. 

"Thank you Hideyoshi-san." I said smiling and bowing. He nodded and left the room a bit quick. 

"I think you scared him." Monk said snickering a bit. I shrugged. 

"It's not my problem." Naru sighed. 

"Let's go over the poltergeist activities and get the stories from the students before we get the equipment brought in." 

"Aye, sir!" I said grinning. 

"I thought you said you weren't going to do the grunt work?" Ayako said smirking. I shrugged. 

"I didn't realize how fun it would be to annoy Naru, so I'll be happy to help." I said smirking at Naru. He sighed. 

"Fine, do whatever you want." 

"Aye, sir!" 

"It's a bit heavy." Monk said as I followed him and Mai out of the room. I shrugged. 

"That doesn't bother me." 

"We thought for sure he'd get mad at you earlier." Mai said looking relieved. I snickered. 

"Nah, if he's the kind of person I think he is, he'll get me back for it later. I look forward to it." 

"Oh? I never knew you had a reckless side." Monk said grinning.