Chapter 9

Chapter 9 

As soon as John stopped the car, I jumped out and started running to the south side of the park. He was right about how many people go through here. "Aki, why'd you take off so fast?" Mai panted as soon as everyone caught up with me. I smiled. 

"Sorry, I just really want to help out Shichirou." Monk nodded smiling. 

"We understand." I went to the bench and pulled up the stone and there were the papers. They were in a manila envelope. 

"We should take these back to the office and look at them there." Naru said finally. I nodded. That would probably be a better idea. Shichirou was sitting on the bench now. 

"Will you come back?" I smiled at him. 

"Of course we will." His worried face relaxed and he smiled at me. 

"I'll be waiting for you." I nodded and he was gone again. 

"Kohaku-san again?" John asked curiously. 

"Yep, he was worried we weren't going to come back." 

"What's up, Naru?" Monk asked Naru. Naru had a peculiar expression on his face that I couldn't place. 

"I'm just wondering how strong his spirit is if he keeps showing up to talk to Miss Haru." You know, he has a point. Everyone seemed a bit shocked by this statement but Naru quickly ordered us to return to the cars and announced that we'll be returning to the office. Yes, this case isn't over yet. There has to be something we can do to for Shichirou. I so badly wanted to read the papers, but I restrained myself and waited until we got back to the office. The atmosphere in the car was anxious and tense. Finally we got back to the office and once everyone was settled into a seat and had their own cup of tea, we began to go over the papers. 

"Guys, this looks really bad." Monk said shaking his head. 

"For him to be using these kinds of circles there's definitely a bad spirit in that school." Lin said in agreement. 

"We'll have to do some research on the kinds of bad spirits that these circles can summon and try to determine what kind of bad spirit it is." Naru said thoughtfully. 

"But I thought you said we were going to hand this over to the police?" Mai asked confused. I chuckled. 

"We are, but we should still figure out what kind of bad spirits roam that school." I told her grinning as she flushed. 

"We may not have to." Yasu said smiling. "It looks like Kohaku-san already did that for us." I looked at the paper he was referring to and saw a diagram. There were lists of different bad spirits and one of them was circled. It was one of those spirits where you could only imagine what they would look like. It said Destructive Spirit. 

"Yes, this is definitely not good." Ayako said going pale. 

"We need more evidence if we're going to convince the police that Ichirou-san and Ishida-san are involved with occult things and that Ichirou-san is the one who killed Shichirou." I said finally. 

"You're right. All we have so far is the retired janitor's testimony, those three girls' testimony, and the gasoline can. We need to figure out what Ichirou-san used to ignite the fire and how Ishida-san is connected to all of this." Naru said thoughtfully. 

"It's possible Ishida-san found out the same way Kohaku-san did and just went with Ichirou-san on the whole thing." Yasu said thoughtfully. 

"If he did, he's really cowardly." I said scowling. 

"So what's the plan, Naru?" Monk asked curiously. 

"As far as finding what he used to ignite the fire, that's going to have to be up to the police. But if we got Ishida-san to ourselves and asked him some questions, we might be able to figure out how he's connected."