Chapter 14

Chapter 14 

The next day, Mai and I went to the office to meet up with everyone. Today we're going to turn in all the information we have on the case to the police. I was starting to feel uneasy but I don't know why. I know we're going to try and get a hold of Ishida-san this Saturday, but I can't help but feel like something bad is going to happen. Mai looks uneasy too. I wonder if me telling Naru that he and Lin shouldn't go by themselves is a bad thing. But I can't take any of it back now; it's too late for that. I just hope when we go, nothing bad will happen. "What's wrong Aki? You seem worried." John asked me as Mai and I arrived. I shook my head. 

"It's nothing. I'm just being paranoid." I noticed Naru giving me a look, but he didn't say anything. I'm assuming he's going to want to talk to me about it later. Great... I don't want to tell Naru that I'm worried. He'll end up deciding on just him and Lin going again. But I'm worried that something might happen to them. I mean, I know Lin has said that Naru has good fighting skills and that Lin wasn't bad at fighting either, but they're not bullet proof. Great, now I'm even more worried. Yes, it's better that we go as a group. If Ishida-san had a gun then he couldn't take all of us out. 

"Are you sure you're okay, Aki?" Ayako asked me frowning. 

"Yes, I'm sure." I said putting on my best smile. Now Lin was giving me a look. Yep, they're definitely going to want to talk to me later on. I inwardly sighed and pulled myself together. "Ne, isn't Yasu supposed to come with us?" I noticed he wasn't in the room. 

"Yes, he said he'll meet us there." Lin answered. 

"Oh, okay. We better get going because I don't want to be late for picking up my uniform for work." Ayako grinned. 

"That's fine, but after you get it, you have to show it to us." I pouted. 

"But Ayako, I don't want to get it all wrinkly." She rolled her eyes. 

"That's what irons are for." I sighed. There was no getting out of it. 

"Oh alright," Monk grinned. 

"We would've come in to the café to see you in if you refused." I rolled my eyes. 

"Then why do you want to see me in it if you were just going to come into the café to see me?" I swear they can be annoying sometimes... kind of like a family... 

"Because we want to see you first!" Masako said smiling. I sighed. 

"There's just no winning with you guys is there?" 

"Nope!" They all said it at the same time. Naru sighed. I was wondering when he was going to intervene. Where was he earlier!? 

"As amusing as this all sounds, we need to get going." Jerk... I thought pouting. Lin noticed this and chuckled. 

"Aye sir!" Monk and Mai said grinning. 

"Mou~ You guys are so mean!" 

"You're so cute~!" Ayako said hugging me. John finally got Ayako to let me go so we could leave. 

"Thanks John." I said grinning. He chuckled. 

"You're welcome." This time Mai and I both got stuck driving with Ayako. 

"So, I have a question." She started as we got on the road. 

"What is it?" I asked her warily. I never know with Ayako anymore.  

"Do you have anyone in particular that you like?" She asked, winking at me through the rearview mirror. 

"No, not particularly." I said feeling relieved. I thought for sure she was going to ask me about earlier. She pouted.