Chapter 16

Chapter 16 

Aki's P.O.V 

I groaned as I opened my eyes. Everything hurt... "Aki, are you awake?" I heard Mai's voice ask. I looked around and found her sitting next to me. 

"Y-Yeah, how are Lin and Naru?" 

"Lin took the brunt of the accident but the doctor said he'll be healed up in three weeks. He ended up with a few broken ribs, a concussion, and one broken leg. Naru also has a few broken ribs, a minor concussion, and a lot of scrapes and bruises. You have similar injuries to Naru." Monk explained. I sighed. 

"I don't think I want to be in another car for awhile." 

"Naru told us what you told him and Lin." Ayako said sympathetically. 

"Yes, you were very brave yesterday." Masako added smiling. 

"Yesterday?" 

"You've been out since yesterday. Naru woke a few hours ago and Lin is still out." Monk said again. 

"Where's John and Yasu?" 

"They're talking to Naru. You need to rest, Aki." Mai said gingerly rubbing my left arm. I nodded. 

"Sorry," 

"Don't be," 

"It was Ichirou-san and Ishida-san. I saw them tamper with the vehicle. I'm sorry I didn't tell you before.

"Shichirou? It's okay. Ne, I was wondering if you saw who killed that student in the gym." He nodded grimly. 

"Ichirou-san summoned a very bad spirit. I'm sure you saw what kind of spirit it was from those papers. That spirit is the one that possessed the students and the one who killed that boy. I'm sorry for putting you in danger. I didn't know it would turn out like this." 

"It's okay, Shichirou. Like you said, you didn't know." I said smiling at him. He smiled back, but then he turned serious all of the sudden. 

"Those two aren't done yet. I heard them planning something in the alley way. I couldn't hear what it was though because I'm starting to fade away." I gasped. 

"What happens if you don't cross over?" 

"I don't know, but I don't want to find out." 

"Then cross over Shichirou. Do it while you still can. Don't do this to yourself. Please," He nodded, sadly. 

"I'm glad to have met you Aki. You're the first person who ever understood me." I smiled. 

"I'm glad to have met you too, and I'm glad that I could help you." He smiled back. 

"I'm going to cross over now. Good-bye Aki." 

"Good-bye, Shichirou." I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks as a bright light consumed him. 

"That was beautiful," Masako said as tears rolled down her cheeks too. I sniffled and nodded. 

"What did he say?" John asked curiously. 

"He told me Ishida-san and Ichirou-san was the ones who tampered with the van and that they're planning something for tonight. And he apologized for putting me in danger and then he crossed over. He told me that the thing Ichirou-san summoned is what killed that student and is the one that possessed the students in the middle of class." 

"I see," Naru said scaring us. 

"Naru, what are you doing out of bed? Do the nurses know you're out of bed?" Monk asked scowling at Naru. He was sitting in a wheelchair.