CHAPTER THREE | PHYSICS

PHYSICS

AVERY CONSIDERED HIMSELF A SMART PERSON

AVERY CONSIDERED HIMSELF A SMART PERSON. He received good grades and had the common sense to keep walking if some around the corner was getting mugged. What puzzled him was his inability to get a grade above a seventy, in Physics. He'd study. He'd do the homework even if it wasn't necessary. He'd even got a tutor. Granted, Michelle wasn't exactly the best tutor, due to her mostly ignoring Avery to read her books.

Which leads to why Avery is sitting in a library instead of visiting his injured sister in the hospital. After Avery was able to knock out the woman, the ambulance and police rolled, red lights flashing and sirens wailing in the night, that awoken Queen. Children and adults checked out of windows for answers to their many questions. Some people even stepped out of their homes in curiosity, to which police officers dismissed and told them to go back inside.

Avery's jaw throbbed at the memory, another reminder of the events of last night. The right side of his jaw was painted in different hues of purple and blue, looking more painfully than it actually felt. He remembered all the secretive looks he received as he walked down the halls and the quite whispers he could hear so clearly, that it bugged him.

The library door burst open and Peter came running in. The sudden noise in the quiet room made Avery look up. Upon catching Peter's frantic gaze, Avery smiled to himself.

"I'm so late," Peter muttered as he sat across from Avery, an apologetic smile on his lips. His cheeks were flushed, his breathing erratic, and his hair was askew.

"I'm so sorry," Peter apologized and pulled out his Physics practice book and a mechanical pencil and clicked the eraser, drawing lead," I kind of forgot I was tutoring. I went all the way home and then realized. I'm so sorry,"

"You straight. You're only. . ." Avery paused, glancing at the overhead clock," Thirty minutes late,"

Peter visibly paled. Avery laughed.

"I won't snitch, Peter. I won't mess with that good boy appearance you got going on for yourself," 

"I'm not a "good boy" and you're making me sound like a dog," Peter denied before telling Avery to pull out his books. Avery removed his Physics textbook and notebook from his black bag, along with a pencil to match Peter.

"I mean, you do follow Liz like a lost puppy," Peter's mouth went agape at Avery accusation, knowing how true the statement was. Before he could get out a rebuttal, Avery continued," It's cute, though. That whole lovesick puppy thing works for you," He changed the topic, quickly," Hey are you going to Liz's party, tonight?"

"Yea, she invited me earlier. Personally," Peter replied, trying to assert himself. In all realness, Liz invited Spiderman plus two guests, himself and his best friend Ned. But Avery didn't need to know that. Peter dissolved the conversation as he told Avery to turn to page one-sixteen, to start the section reading on Circular Acceleration.

Peter was nervous, to say the very least. Avery was a jock basically, in Peter Parker's eyes; he was put on Midtown's varsity soccer team the second half of his freshman year. One of the stereotypical ones in movies like High School Musical or any other high school or college themed movies. And Peter was the stereotypical nerd who was subjected to bullying from the jock. The nerd never got the lead female unless it was a coming of age story where the writers tried to be less stereotypical, only resulting in the theme becoming typical between movies and plots.

Their situation was truly a cliche.

A tapping noise pulled Peter out of his wandering thoughts. His eyes landed on Avery's before he straightened in his seat and cleared his throat," Yes?"

His voice cracked, his vocal cords ringing high and then dropping low. Avery snorted, before covering his pink lips with his fist, his veins bulging. Peter sent a small glare at the Latino, along with a thin-lipped expression, trying to distract from the way his face was heating up. The blushing didn't go unnoticed by Avery though, he just smiled harder and told Peter how "freaking cute" he was, which only helped his burning skin.

"Could you explain tangential velocity? This shit doesn't make no sense," Avery cringed at his double negative but quickly chopped it up to English being his second language. Peter didn't seem to notice as he went on to explain the Physics concept to the confused teen, leaning over the table slightly to get a better look at Avery's textbook.

Soon the tutoring session came to a close. In between making Avery taking notes and Peter giving out helpful comments, they made small talk. Peter spoke about his friendship with Ned and Avery talked about the evil looking bruises on his face.

"Thank you, Peter, for the tutoring but I must take my leave. I have a girl waiting for me," Avery started packing his bag after he finished his last problem.

Peter looked up at Avery puzzled and opened his mouth to say, " I thought you were gay,"

"Nope. I'm bi and I was talking about my sister," Avery denied, continuing to clean up his area. It was common knowledge that Avery was into guys as well as girls but people seem to focus on the whole "homosexual" part of him being bisexual when that was only half of the spectrum for him. Don't get Avery wrong though, he used his "homosexual" part to entice girls. They find boy on boy action just has hot as guys find girl on girl action. Avery finds both hot, but that just him.

Peter let out a deflated 'oh' before Avery slung his bag over his shoulder and started walking to the exit of the library.

"Bye, Peter,"