CHAPTER FIFTEEN | WEDDING

WEDDING

"I'M NOT READY,"

"I'M NOT READY,"

"Avery you're not even the one getting married," Peter reminded Avery, who adjusted his tie and glared up at his boyfriend.

"Thank you, Peter," Angela spoke up behind the pair. Her lips held an annoyed snarl within them while her body was elegantly adorned in her eggshell wedding gown," He honestly sounds like he's the one getting married and not me," 

"This is a big day, okay? My sister's getting married and I need to prepare myself," Avery huffed out dramatically, to which Angela rolled her eyes.

"All you have to do is walk me down the aisle, pendejo," Angela told and Peter snickered. Avery frowned and his eyes thinned to slits, glaring at his older sister.

"Well, this was nice meeting you Angela, but I must be getting back to my seat. Congratulation, again," Peter leaned over and pecked Avery's cheek before retreating. Angela smiled sweetly at the boy and waved him goodbye.

"So, he's sweet and-"

"Nope. I am not having this conversation with my sister," Avery dismissed with the shake of his head. He rather avoid the awkward conversation about him and his boyfriend. He grabbed his sister's hand and walked her towards the big doors where'd she make her grand entrance to the wedding.

Avery took a breath," Are you ready for this? If not, I'll get you out of here as quick as possible and have Sam and Dani come up with an excuse,"

Angela stood tall beside her brother and shook her head, a smile gliding onto her peach-tinted lips," I'm ready,"

"I wish Papi was here," Avery muttered under his breath, but his sister heard him. Her smile faltered for half a second before it grew back ten-fold.

"He is. He's looking down from heaven, watching his only son walk his only daughter down the aisle," She dropped Avery's hand and hooked arms with his.

Avery smiled softly and pushed the door open. The crowd stood and turned to them, Here Comes the Bride playing in the background.

The walk seems to go in slow motion as they glided closer and closer to Angela's husband-to-be and the priest. Avery could feel his heart thumping in his chest quickly. He could possibly be more nervous than his sister who beamed happily beside him. As they walked closer Avery could see Sam and Ron giving him a wild thumbs up and matching dorky smiles. Avery shook his head and continued to walk.

They reached the priest and Avery bit his bottom lip, before hesitantly giving his sister to Mattew, Angela's fiance.

As Avery sat down between Peter and his Mother, the priest began," Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today. . ."