Chapter 7

That made me uneasy. Someone was after Luke's Company. They somehow got to his second in command, and where able to give him loads of money for it. God only knows how much and it also had the man so afraid to tell the Police anything. Whoever was behind it probably threatened his life. It was the only logical explanation.

Reality sunk in and I realized we were holding hands and walking up the Kitchen stairs. I quickly removed my hand from his. He turned around, looked down at my missing hand and up at me confused.
"What's wrong?" He said alarmed. We both continue up.
For the first time in my life I was trying to form an answer before my mouth could just blurt it out.
We make it to the landing.
"What are we doing, Luke?"
"We're going to pick out a pair of Jeans and T-shirt, for me. Like you wanted." He points to the door at the end of the hall smiling.
"No, I mean this-" I point to him and then myself. "The weekend sleep over, the wine, the exchanges of life stories. Are you trying to get me in bed or something?" I was starting to get annoyed. I really liked Luke a lot. More than a lot, but this man was so reserved. To make a complete 180. It wasn't normal. Right? He must want something from me.

He looked down at his feet and I saw the anger in his face when he looked back up.
"Is that how low you think of me?" He put his hands in his pocket and walked close to me. I could tell I offended him.
"No. I just don't...your my Boss and now I'm heading to your room. Just explain this to me."
He got even closer. I could smell the Wine in his breath, with a hint of mint.
"If I wanted to try and fuck you, I would've done that back at your place. It's like you purposely try to mess the mood up. Why the fuck must you do that? You're always insinuating shit!"
At this point he started walking forward which pushed me against the hallway wall. He started getting louder, "It's like you want to piss me the fuck off and keep me at arms length!"

His face softened up. With the look on my face, he probably thought he scared me. Truth was, he was telling the truth. I purposely pushed everyone away who attempted to get close to me. I didn't want any one to get the chance to hurt me like Robbie did. I wouldn't go down that road anymore. I put my head down and tried so hard not to let the tears fall from my eyes. He grabbed my chin and made me look up at him.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"No," I cut him off. "You didn't scare me. I'm hurting myself I guess." I blinked and the water works came out. I looked towards the ceiling. "I can't let anyone hurt me the way my ex did. Not even through friendship. The hurt I felt, I wouldn't wish on anyone." I began to sob.
"Shh, it's okay." He went to grab and hug me but I stopped him.
"No, it's not. Luke I'm afraid that I'll," I was choking back the sobs and just wanted to leave this place. I didn't want to be near him.
"That you will what?"
I went to walk away but he grabbed my arm and put me back against the wall.
"That you will what Jas?" He repeated.
"That I'll fall for you. Harder than Robbie and that you'll leave me. Or, that friendship won't be enough and I'll have to leave the Tower, and you." He wiped away my tears.

"Please, do so.." he whispered. He stepped back and began massaging the back to his neck.
"What?" He wanted me to leave? I wiped the remaining tears away and looked directly into his eyes.
"Please fall in love with me Jas."

I don't know where I got the courage but I did. I got on my toes and kissed him. We both stood there shocked for a second. He replied by kissing me back, this time with tongue and force. I placed my hands on his chest and felt how big his chest was. I slowly put my hands around his neck, trying not to break the connection between our lips. He lifted me up, cupping my ass, and began walking. I guess he was leading me to his bedroom. I didn't care. I just didn't want this passion to end.

He stopped kissing me momentarily and looked in my eyes. He smiled and started kissing me down my neck. It ignited something fierce between my legs. If he kept kissing my neck that way, then I would definitely be sleeping with him tonight.
God no!
I couldn't let him have me this soon. Not like that. Was I really contemplating this while I had him between my legs? I should just enjoy the moment. I close my eyes tilt my back again. Feeling every kids and lick, I moan.