Chapter 36

"That's impossible. I have haven't had sex in a little over a month."
"Well, we could always wait for the Blood results to return from the Lab. And just because you had sex a month ago doesn't mean you aren't pregnant." The Doctor stands and gathers my Folder. "In most woman, this is about the time they get symptoms and a positive pregnancy test. Everyones different."

I honestly don't remember how I got home. Pregnant?
Lucas was going to be a Father and I am Mother? There was life inside of me. I was standing in my bedroom mirror looking at my stomach. I thought I was going be scared or worried, but I was surprisingly happy. This life growing in me was a product of my love for Lucas. Then my happiness soon fades. What would he say? Would he be happy? Tell me I couldn't keep it because of Sam? No. I would wait until I got the Blood Results and go from there. One day at a time.

"Hello, Mrs. Bower. It's Doctor Nigel. I'm just calling about your Blood work."
I didn't go to work for two days. Nausea and my stress kept me in bed. Mrs. Kemp called me to check up on me. I know Lucas told her to call. We weren't allowed to speak outside of work. Once I got the results, I promised myself I would go back to work.
"Hello, Doctor. So...am I pregnant?"
"Yes, you are. And with the information you had given the nurse, you should be around 7 weeks. So the next step is to see an OB/Gyn. Congratulations and Good-luck!"

I hang up.
Oh my goodness. I look at the time and see it's 2 pm. Do I dare go to work and tell Lucas? What if he doesn't want the baby? Tells me to abort it? What if he gets disgusted with me? Wait, have we ever spoken about having a family together. I swallow my nerves down and decide I'm going to Bower Tower to tell him.
"Yes," I hold my stomach and close my eyes, "Daddy needs to know about you."

I get to the Tower an hour later looking a mess. I didn't even bother changing into something more work like. I had on sweats and a t-shirt. I did have a coat on and was wearing a cap and sunglasses. I definitely forgot to brush my hair. Security did a double take when they saw me.
"Yes, I look a mess" I said to one Guard. "Take a picture, it'll last longer. "
He looked away.

I reach the Elevator and got on. I repeatedly push the 90th Floor Button.
"Wait, hold the door, please!" I hear someone yell.
I hold the 'open button' until the person gets on.
It was Cindy.
"Hey you!"
She turns and does a double take.
"What the? I thought you died!! Where have you been and wow do you look awful! Are you allowed on the 90th Floor looking like that? Are you still boycotting Lucas?"
Oh my god, Cindy!
"Calm down," I tell her.
"I just need to get something and then I'm gone."
"You've been ignoring my calls. What's going on Jasmen?"
I wanted to wait til I told Lucas before I told anyone else.
"Nothing, why? Well I did have a stomach virus but I'm fine now." I smile at her.
She squints her eyes and looks at me. Head to toe.
"I don't know, but whatever it is, you'll tell me right!"
I shake my head and laugh. She hugs me and gets off on the second floor. I then realize I got on the wrong Elevator. This wasn't the Express. I would have to stop on almost every other floor.
"Fuck my life!"

I round the corner to Lucas Office and I see no one is in there but Dayo. He sees me and walks to the door. Once I reach the door, he opens it for me.
"Hello, Mrs. Bower."
"Dayo. Is Lucas around?"
"He's in his private quarters."
I instantly get nervous.
"Everything okay?" He asks me.
"Perfect, Dayo. Perfect."
I walk into the Closet and see Lucas sitting on a Chair. He was bent over with his hands covering his face. He seemed emotionally drained. I knew that look all to well.

"Good-Afternoon, Mr. Bower."
His neck snapped up and he jumped from his seat.
"I was so close to driving to see you. Are you okay?"
I walk up to him, standing in front of him.
"I am more than okay. Actually," I walk up to him and take his hand and put it on my stomach. "We are okay."
He stood motionless. He looks from me to my stomach. I started to get scared because he wasn't saying anything. Was I wrong in thinking he'd be happy? Should I have just not said anything? He snaps out of it and slowly gets on his knees.
"I'm going to be a Father?"
He starts to rub my stomach slowly, never breaking eye contact.
"Yes." I whisper.
He stands up and a tear falls from from his right eye.
"I will never leave you again. That was the worst mistake I've ever made. Never again. Well find a way, together. I'm going to have a family. I can't believe this!!"

Lucas decided to leave work early. We went straight to the Mansion. The girls were so excited to see me. I think about 30 people lined up to hug me.
"We can't believe you're back. Sir had a stick up his ass the entire-"
Maria elbows Kate in the rib.
"Mind your manners, Ms. Kate! Have you lost time and space? Can't believe you said that!"
Kate mocked her when she turned around.
I laughed so hard. These women where everything to me.
"I believe you Kate. And it's nice to see everyone!"

I walk into the Luke's Office and he's on the phone with an Ob/Gyn Nurse.
"You have nothing available for tomorrow? Are you sure? Monday!? No it's not fine, but if that's the earliest you got... "
I smile. So impatient.
"I just had an appointment and everything was great. Calm down. I can be seen next week if need be."
"It doesn't count." He says as he covers the bottom part of the house phone.
"I wasn't there."

He stood in front of the Mirror and starts to laugh. He's successfully managed to beat Lucas at every turn. Going as low as to break his beloved wife in the process.
And nothing.
Did Lucas think he was stupid? He told him to make sure he left her and DIVORCED her. Lucas listened to the first part and ignored the second. He didn't like when people broke his rules. When you don't listen, bad things happen. Since he didn't divorce her, he had to kill someone. Tate was the easiest target. He did it himself. Walked right up to him, while Tate went for his Morning walk, and stabbed him four times.

Everyone around him knew to not mess with him. The second rule was, you had to be useful. Giselle became useless when she got fired. He told her to watch Lucas and Jasmen. To report every move they made. No. She had to get greedy and was fired. And that meant she was useless.
He laughed.
She begged for her life. Wanted a second chance. So he gave her one more opportunity. He put a bullet in her head and dressed her in a Wedding gown. He was told the date and time to enter Bower Tower. Lucas and Jasmen deserved a Wedding Gift. Giselle's death provided the gift. Unfortunately, Lucas' planted finger prints, all over Giselle, didn't pan out. He should've been charged with her Murder. The asshole had an air tight alibi.

Someone knocks on the door.
"What?"
His blood starts to boil.
She opens the door, walks up to him and puts her hand on his chest. Oh how he despised her.
"Why do we have to keep doing this? Can't we just forget about them. I want it to be us. Just us. Like it was before. I'm tired of pretending. It's exhausting."
Her nagging was getting to him. If it were up to him, he would've killed her a long time ago. But he needed her.
"I'll tell you when we are done. Do you understand me? You do your job and you'll be rewarded. I promise. Okay?"
She smiles at him.
"Then I have something that'll make you very happy."
He loved good news. And he knew she would provide it.
"So, right now they are together. She was at a Doctors appointment a couple days ago. She's pregnant."
He closes his eyes.
How beautiful. How exciting. A baby! But he was going for revenge. No one was allowed to have a Happy Ending. In this story, everyone suffered. Like he did. All those years ago, when his beautiful Elizabeth was alive. She wanted to get married and have 5 kids. That was their plan. But she was killed.

He planned it out perfectly. She did pull out a gun and placed it on her temple. But he thought she was being selfish in not letting him do it. She begged and screamed for him not to kill her.
But why? Wasn't she going to do it herself?
The damage she inflicted was done. She betrayed him. In the worst manner.
There was no going back. She had to go, then her precious Lucas. He told her to open her mouth, and she did. He pulled the trigger, quick and painless. For him anyways.
If Lucas kept away from her, and would've been
a true Best Friend, Elizabeth would be alive right now. He would be the successful Billionaire. Not Lucas. They should be living Happily Ever After.
So he sat and waited for the best time. Which was now.

"Very, very, very good. Oh, you've made me the happiest man alive. You know that?"
He grabs her by the chin and plants a soft kiss on her lips. She melts.