Chapter 32

I start walking back to the Living Room. What time was it again? I see the Maids pass me, one by one, saying their Good-mornings. I open my mouth but no words come out. Reaching in my pocket, I pull out my Cell Phone. I needed to call someone, but who?
The tears in my eyes prove difficult to read any names on my screen. I feel a hand on my hand and look up. It was Dayo.
"Come." He says.
We go outside and he helps me into the Cadillac. Dayo walks back into the House and is gone for a while. I didn't bother leaving the Truck or anything. I was still in my Robe.
I didn't care.
Nothing mattered anymore.
When he finally emerges, Maria is standing with him at the Doorway. She had been crying.
He climbs back into the car.
"Where are we going, Dayo?" He looks at me through the Rear View Mirror.
"Home, Jasmen, home."

We arrive back at my Apartment rather quickly. I had actually fallen asleep and Dayo poked me awake.
"Come." He had the car door opened and helped me out.

I don't even remember how I got to my Apartment Door. Dayo had taken out my keys from his pocket and unlocked the Door. We walked in and he helped me to my Bedroom. I lay down and he throws a blanket over me.
"Lucas," I whisper.
Dayo freezes and shakes his head. I knew he felt bad for me. He then pats my head and walks out the Room, closing the Door. I close my eyes and fall asleep praying I wake up, back in Luke's arms.

It was 1 am when I woke up. My head was killing me and my entire body was sore. I started to panick. Where am I?
Then it all suddenly started to sink in. Lucas is divorcing me and I'm back at my Apartment. I grab onto my chest. My heart was breaking. Again. This was the second time my heart was taken, ripped, and thrown back into this Apartment.

I make my way into the Kitchen. I was so thirsty. There wasn't any food in this place so I didn't know why I was looking. Opening the Fridge, my mouth drops. It was fully stocked. This had Maria written all over it. I decide on water and turn towards the Living Room. Making a left into the Dining Room, I trip over boxes.
"What the?"
I look around. There were so many boxes. Where did they come from? I begin to open some. It was all my stuff from Luke's house. All my clothes and shoes. My Wedding Dress.

"Hey, Cindy."
"Hey Mrs. Bower! So tell me about the Honeymoon!! Was it everything and more?"
My hand starts to shake. I had called her because I needed someone to talk to.
"Cindy, ummm" I cough and try to sound as sane as possible but it proved false. I start to sob. Uncontrollably.
"I'm sorry for calling this late. But um, I need someone to talk to. Lucas asked for a divorce."

An hour later, Cindy was knocking on my door. She had never been to my Apartment so I had to text her my Address.
I open the door for her and she threw herself at me.
"I am so sorry!" She hugs me and leads me to the sofa. "Tell me what happened!"
I explain to her in detail about the day after my Wedding. She couldn't believe it.
"And here I was thinking this entire time you are in Honeymoon bliss. I am so sorry honey."
She goes into the Kitchen to make us some tea. I was glad to have her in my life. If she wasn't here, I don't know what I would've have done.

"Okay, so tell me," she says as she hands me a saucer, "are you going back to working for him?"
I hadn't thought about that. The man had just asked me for a divorce and kicked me out the house.
"I doubt it. He obviously wants me nowhere near him. And I wouldn't be able to function near him, and pretend we didn't happen."

I look down at my Wedding rings. How did I end up here? We were so in love the other day. I was still in love. Cindy kept talking but I ignored her. I started to remove my rings and placed them on the End table.
"Are you going to keep your half of that fortune?"
It had never crossed my mind. I was a Billionaire.