Chapter 14

I left Maria in the Glass Room. I felt so bad for her. Everything she went through and she managed to be an upbeat, happy person. Someone I could look up. I've only known her a couple of weeks but I knew I would grow everyday to love her even more.

"Oh, there you are!"
I was rounding the corner, underneath the staircase, when I heard Lucas.
"I was looking all over for you. Where were you?"
He walked towards me with his hands behind his back.
"I was with Maria."
"Oh okay. How is she?"
A look of concern on his face.
"She's okay. She was telling me how you two met and how she got her position."
He got sad and put his head down.
"And I hear that your favorite soup is Oxtail?" He looked at me and smiled.
"You haven't lived until you've tasted her soup."
He says as he tilts his head back. I smile and wrap my hands around his back.
"I'll settle for a kiss and whatever you have behind you." 
He grinned. He was so sexy when he looked at me that way.
"Pick one" he says.
"I'll take the box, please!" I take my hands away from his back and hold them out waiting for the box.
He places an iPhone box in my hands.
"Thank you so much!" I was in shock. I thought I'd have to wait.
"Well you need it. Can't have to roaming around without it."

I put my hands around him and kissed him. He was everything to me in such a short time. I don't know what I'd do without him.
"Thank you."
"So the girls are upstairs moving things from your bedroom to OUR bedroom."
I gave him a confused look. "Girls?"
"The maids. I don't like calling them Maids or servants. And a designer will be here tomorrow to talk to you about the layout of our closet."
"Well shouldn't it be our decision?"
His smile faded.
"I have to go to the Tower tomorrow for a couple of hours and then I have some stuff to do regarding yesterday."
"Then I'm going to work also."
"Jas, no you're staying here where it's safe."
I know he wasn't going to stand down but I didn't want to continue being trapped in this house.
"I don't want to be stuck here until you feel as though I'm safe. And if it were up to you, I'd never leave. And I was here when this happened."
He started to get angry.
"It's not up for discussion."
I wasn't going to keep on. It would be a losing battle.
He turned to walk away.
"And when were you going to tell me about my MUTE bodyguard?"
I hope Dayo didn't hear me.
Lucas turned to me.
"He's for your protection and that's not up for discussion either."
"Is anything ever up for discussion?"
He didn't bother turning around; as he walked into his Office.

There were so many clothes in this closet. Since Lucas thought he had the last words, I'd thought I should pick up out clothes for work tomorrow.

"If he said it was for your own protection, I think you should stay home."
I told Jocelyn everything that happened and she agreed with Lucas. "This is serious. This guy got into that house and hurt two people big time. And you think it's got something to do with the Company? Yeah, don't leave."
I shrugged.
"He's not my Father. And on top of that he has this HUGE man that is suppose to tail me. Oh and did I tell you? He won't talk to me! It has to do with his religion or something."
Jocelyn laughed.
"Awwww! Lucas loves you. And of course he would find the ONLY guy in the world to not speak to you. You're gorgeous. He loves the fact that whoever has to be on your ass won't be able to hit on you."
My sister was being annoying, and after that pointless phone call I decided to put all my energy into tomorrow's outfit.

The alarm clock went off at 7 am. I felt Lucas turn the Alarm clock off and kiss me. He got up and went to shower. I laid there the entire time he got ready, with my eyes shut. I didn't want him to know I was awake. Once he finished, he gave me a kiss on the forehead and told me he loved me. My heart fluttered but I remained motionless.

15 minutes later I heard him talking outside. I got up and ran to the window. He was getting into the car. Shawn closed the door, got into the driver side and drove off. I waited until I couldn't see the car anymore and ran down the Hall, to my room.