Chapter 35

The next day I dress appropriate. I wore a Red pencil skirt and a white blouse. The fun and games were over and I had to be careful to not attract unwanted eyes. The way I dressed all last week I'm sure people where going to notice I tamed it down a bit.

I get to the Office around 8:40am. I go through the voicemails and starts writing slips for Lucas. Then I go through all my emails and start sorting trash from the important stuff. There had to be almost a thousand emails. My slacking of duties from last week had caught up. This was insane.

The phone rings and it was one of Lucas's Assistant, Martin.
"Hey, Jasmen. How are you?"
"I'm great. What's up?"
"I'm guessing Mr. Bower isn't in his Office yet. Just wanted to remind him that the contracts for the new Tower in L. A. has to be signed by today. My flight is at 1 pm and I have to board that plane with the contract."
I forgot he was expanding to Los Angeles.
"It'll be the first thing I tell him when he gets in."
"Thanks! I'll be by soon."
As soon as I hang up, I see Lucas walk into his Office. Shawn and Dayo in toe.

I grab all the slips I write for him and follow behind them.
"Good-morning Jasmen." He takes a seat at his desk.
"Good-morning, Mr. Bower." I place the messages on his desk and turn to walk out. Shawn stands in front of me. Blocking my way.
"Shawn." I say. I knew he was mad at me for sneaking out while his back was turned. Lucas must've shoved his foot up his ass.
"You owe me." He said through gritted teeth. I try not to smile. Reaching the door, I suddenly remember Martin's message.
"Oh, Martin called about the L.A. contract. He will stopping by to pick it up before heading to the Airport."
He nods at me and quickly puts his head down to jot something down.
"Thank you. What are you doing for lunch?" "Ummm...well, I guess I'll be waiting for Martin to stop by. Other than that, nothing."

There was a knock at the Door. I turn and
see Cindy.
"Good-morning everyone!" She says and signals me to come out.
I turn to Lucas, smile and walk out. Uggh, Cindy couldn't come at a better time? What if Lucas was asking me to Lunch. I walk out to my desk and look at him before sitting. He was staring right at me. I wink at him, sit in my Chair and turn to Cindy.
"What's up?"
"Um, are you guys talking again?"
"What, why are you asking that?"
I pretend to look through emails.
"Because you're smiling like an idiot!"
I hadn't noticed.
"No. We're just trying to make our professional relationship work."
She looks over to Lucas.
"Right. So why hasn't he stopped looking over here?"
I tense and try so hard not to turn around. If Sam was watching, I thought we did a great job at pretending. He wouldn't suspect anything.
"It's fine. I just want to get through the week, that's all."
"Good, so listen. Don't get your hopes up because Lucas is such a man. Trevor and I went to Dinner last night and guess who we see him with? That Blonde you told me about, Susan!"

I tried so hard to not hide my heartbreak, but it was written all over my face.
"Well," I swallow. "It doesn't matter anymore. We aren't together right? He can do as he pleases."
Lucas had been doing this just in case Sam was watching. I knew he had to keep up the charade for my safety.
"And that's not the best part. He was swallowing her face."
I closed my eyes. Why did she keep telling me all of this. Didn't she notice how it was affecting me?"
I smile at her and look straight ahead. How long was I going to live in this nightmare. How long would I have to put up with Susan?

"You really should put a sweater over that shirt. I can see your bra. Not professional attire."
Cindy and I look towards the voice. 
Susan.
"Wait, can you even afford a shirt with your salary?"
Susan's insult makes Cindy jumps up from my desk.
"Look Pom-Pom, why don't you and your fillers go-"
"Oh, no! Ew! Wait, are you the Tower Bulldog? Protecting your master? That's a Good girl!! You're so tiny!"
Did Susan just call Cindy MY dog? And I swear Susan was reaching to pet the top of Cindy's head, when Lucas walked out and cleared his throat.