Chapter 1

Hermione's POV

My day started off pretty normal- well normal for me anyways. I was sitting in my office at the ministry reading over a bill that would allow house elves to have their own wing at St. Mungos when my assistant, Sarah, walked in. And that's when my entire world got flipped upside down.

"Hi Hermione.."

I looked up and saw Sarah, she was just standing there looking like she had just attended a funeral.

"How are you holding up?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I went through a mental checklist of all the things that have happened in my life recently.. No one has died, my parents are back, the war's over, and I'm engaged to my best friend. Everything is perfect.

"You haven't heard?!" She looked shocked and kind of scared.

"Heard what? Sarah you're freaking me out." I said, getting annoyed at her strange behavior.

"Why don't you just look for yourself.." she handed me today's edition of the Daily Prophet. I'd been running late this morning and hadn't been able to read it.

Golden trio's Ronald Weasley caught in Club Triple X with Veronica Summers. They are hot! But does Hermione know?

My heart dropped. The world stopped. Plastered across the front page was Ron Weasley, my FIANCÉ, locked in a passionate kiss with Veronica Summers - the wizarding world's current top model. He told me he was working last night!

"Hey Hermione!" My coworker Blaise Zabini walked in but he stopped in his tracks when he saw me. By this point I was shaking. I was crying. I was murderous. How could he do this to me? To us?

"I take it you've read the prophet then." Said Blaise. He walked over and gently pried the papers out of my hands, for I was holding them so tight that my knuckles were turning white.

"I'm going to kill him. I will hex him into oblivion." I said slowly. Now both of my coworkers were staring at me as if I'd grown two heads. I must look insane, but I don't care. My life has just been torn to shreds because of that git Ron Weasley.

"I'll help." Blaise said. Now I looked shocked as he held out his arm to me.

Brushing off my skirt trying to compose myself for the time being, I told Sarah to cover my shift and grabbed Blaise's arm. We turned on the spot and landed outside of mine and Ron's shared apartment.

"You want me to come in?" Blaise asked.

"You can if you want." I shrugged. Walking up to the front door, I pulled out my wand and blasted the door into a million pieces.

"RONALD WEASLEY!" I screeched when as I walked into the living room. He walked out of our bedroom looking smug, but he wasn't alone. He had that slag on his arm. They had been in OUR bed!

"Oh shit." Blaise cursed.

"Ah Hermione, I was wondering when you'd show up." Ron smirked. Oh he had the audacity to tease me. Not a good idea.

"Levicorpus!" I shouted, and Ron was raised into the air by his ankle. Veronica started shrieking.

"Silencio!" Blaise pointed his wand at her and she was automatically silenced. It took everything in me to not laugh at the baffled look on her face.

"Okay Hermione let's not do anything rash! Just put me down and we can talk like civilized people." Ron yelled. I only raised him up higher.

"No, I think I like you better up there. And you're not coming down until you tell me why you destroyed our relationship for this whore." I said nonchalantly. This time I did laugh at her, for she looked as though she'd just been slapped.