Chapter 4

Draco's POV

I stood nervously outside of Hermione's door. 'Okay Draco you can do this. She's scary but she probably won't kill you.' I thought to myself. Finally, I knocked on the door.

"Yes?" Came Hermione's voice from the other side.

"Hey umm.. it's Draco, can we talk?" I asked. There was a pause for a few seconds before finally:

"Uh sure come in." She sounded nervous.

I opened the door to see a Hermione sitting on her bed reading. I smirked at her polka dotted pajamas.

"What's up? She asked.

"Okay well I've been thinking, and I wanted to say that I'm sorry for how I treated you and your uh friends at school. I was a major prat." I started slow, to ease her into all of this mess that I dragged her into.

She just laughed. "Yes you were a major prat, but I've already forgiven you." She said. That made me smile, she forgave me after all the stupid stuff I put them through. But she'll probably hate me again after I explain everything to her.

"Thanks.. so I thought maybe we could be friends.. I think you're actually pretty cool.. Hermione.." I said nervously awaiting her reaction.

Hermione beamed. "Of course we can be friends, everyone deserves second chances. And you're pretty cool too Draco."

"So can I sit?" I asked. She nodded and I sat on the bed beside her. "Um Hermione.. there's something else I need to tell you.." I whispered, looking anywhere but her face.

"What is it Draco?" She asked. Merlin I love the way my name sounds coming from her. She's going to be the death of me.

"I kinda told my mom that we're dating and now she wants you to come to the manor for dinner tomorrow." I said very fast and then put my hands in front of my face just in case she decides to hit me.

"YOU WHAT?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!" She screamed and then grabbed her wand.

"Don't kill me! Just please let me explain!" I yelled.

"Hurry up!"

"My mother has been pushing me to get married, but you know I don't want to. So today she told me that she had it arranged for me to marry Pansy Parkinson! I cannot marry that slag, she'll give me a disease!" I exclaimed, hands still covering my face.

She giggled a bit and lowered her wand. "I still don't see where I fit into this. And I'm still mad."

"I don't have to go through with the wedding if I'm in a relationship. You were the first person I thought of! So now she wants to meet you.. I just need you to pretend to be my girlfriend for awhile and then after a few weeks we can "tragically break up" and I'll say I'm too heartbroken for another relationship." I said as I lowered my hands and looked her in the eyes.

"I don't know Draco, I just got out of a relationship and I'm still all over the news. The whole wizarding world would think we're dating if they found out!" She said deep in thought.

"That's even better! You can use our 'relationship' to get back at the Weasel. He'd never expect you to get with me, of all people." I said, trying to win her over.

After a second Hermione gave me and almost evil smile. "That sounds like a great idea." She said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

I smiled. "So Hermione Granger, would you please be my 'girlfriend'?"

"I would love to Draco." She replied. That went better than I expected it to. "Oh and instead of the manor, we should go somewhere public." She smirked, but I could see a hint of fear in her eyes. How could I forget what happened to her there?

"Yeah that sounds good, I'll see you in the morning." I said, wanting to change the subject.

"See you in the morning." She answered and I left her room.

As soon as I walked out Blaise jumped me.

"What were you doing in Hermione's room?" He smirked.

"I was asking her if there were any job openings at the ministry." I said. There's no way I could tell him the truth, he'd never let me live it down.

"Right, like I believe that." He scoffed. I just rolled my eyes. Unfortunately Hermione chose then to run out of her room and ask :

"Wait! Draco what am I supposed to wear to meet your mom?" She asked, not realizing that she just subjected me to 4 years of teasing from Blaise.

"Umm just wear that nice black one I picked out for you and some heels." I said quietly.

She smiled "Okay!" And then ran back to her room.

"Job searching my arse! She's meeting your mom?" Blaise asked while laughing. I groaned.

"It's a long story Blaise." I shrugged

"Sure." He could barely contain himself, the git.

I went back to my room and laid in bed. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day.