Chapter 31

Hermione POV:

     I'm getting married in less than 2 hours. It's happening, it's actually happening. I'm not getting married to Harry like everyone expected, I'm not getting married to Ron like I was supposed to, I'm getting married to Draco Malfoy. This marriage is going to work. At least, I hope it does. I can't stand another heartbreak.

     Okay, enough about heartbreak and more on the way Astoria is currently doing my hair. This girl has mad skills. It's so beautiful!

     "Astoria, since when did you learn how to do hair?" I asked

     "I used to run a beauty salon. Actually, I still do, but I have many more workers so I don't need to be there as often." Astoria replied

     "I'm just surprised that you're able to manage my hair. It's so frizzy and curly" I said, thoughtfully.

     "Girl, you don't know half the struggles I've had to face. I've had hair 10 times worse than yours. You're actually one of the smoothest curly heads I've worked on."

     Me? A smooth curly head? As if!

     "Okay, you ready to see the final result of my magnificent skill?"

     Astoria turned me around so that I could see my self, and wow, I looked amazing.

     "Astoria, thank you so much! I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful my hair looks. You have some MAD skills!"

     She shrugged it off and we went to see how Ginny was doing. As we walked in, we saw Harry helping her put on the dress.

     "Yea, just pull up the zipper there" Ginny said

     "I'm trying to, Gin! I'm telling you, it's jammed." Harry replied

     Ginny rolled her eyes. She  turned to Astoria and I and said "Girls, would you mind showing him how it's done?" We nodded our heads and went to show Harry how to properly zip up Ginny's dress.

     "You see, Harry dear, the proper way to do this is to simply hold the zipper, pull it up, and if anything gets in the way,  you gently push it away. It's that simple!" I explained while Astoria demonstrated.

     "yea, yea, Hermione. Whatever" Harry said grumpily. "Anyways, it's 2:00. I need to go and you need to be out there in 15 minutes." 

     He took one last hug and looked straight at me. "Well then, I guess it's goodbye, Hermione Granger. It's been nice knowing you."

     For a few seconds, I was confused until we both started to laugh.

     "Harry, you know I'll always be Hermione Granger in my heart. It's just my last name changing, not my life!"

     "Oh, but Hermione, your life IS changing. You're getting married, for Merlin's sake! Now, Astoria, Ginny, and I really must get going. See you soon."

     I waved goodbye at Harry and turned to Ginny and Astoria.

     "You got this, girl. Don't worry." Ginny assured me

     "We haven't been friends for too long, but I know that you are an amazing witch who can accomplish anything she puts her mind to. Now go amaze him, Hermione." Astoria kindly said.

     I hugged them both and they went to their own seats. I sat down on a chair that was there. I took a quick look at my self and I loved the view.

     "Well, I guess it's goodbye, Hermione Granger. May your spirit linger on forever."

     And then I realized what I just did. Am I seriously talking to myself?  And talking in third person, at that. Oh merlin, what's gotten into me?

     I heard the bells that signal me to come in and I left. I took one last glance to make sure that I was ok, and I left. This is the start of a new adventure for me. It was going to have rocky hills and poisonous snakes. It will definitely have lots of laughs and jokes.

     But boy, it was going to be exciting and new.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... how'd you guys like it? I think I did pretty well on this chapter, it was one of my longer ones. I enjoyed writing it as well!

Do you guys want a sequel once this story is finished? I'm aiming at about 80 chapters for this story, and then I'll have the sequel my slightly shorter (50 chapters). From there, I may either stop this little series entirely or I may focus on the kids that will be introduced in the story. What do you guys think?

Oh, and thanks for 7k! When I started this, I thought of it as a little extra thing I might do. When it got to 1k , I was so surprised! LMAO, I remember when I started a story which I've now deleted called "Madeline Jade Emerald Riddle" and it got 27 views and I was freaking out. I remember my exact words were "OH MY GOODNESS, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 27 VIEWS! I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD GET TO EVEN 20, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!!! <3"

And now, when I look back, I've made so much progress. Thank you, guys, really.

Love you guys so so much