Chapter 16

Draco's POV

I awoke with a terrible back ache and something pressed against my chest. After a moment of blind panic I remember everything that happened last night, and looked down to see the sleeping face of an angel.

Hermione Granger. A godsend.

And a raving lunatic.

She doesn't mind the mark on my arm. She actually kissed it.

Gently I lifted my left arm up and examined the grey mark. The sight of it disgusted me. The feel of it disgusted me. Though it doesn't move anymore since he's gone, I can still remember the way it felt writhing under my skin, and the way it always burned. It's disgusting.

"It still bothers you." Came a sleepy voice.

"Did I wake you love?" I ask, and put my arm down. She sat up slowly and yawned.

"No, the crick in my neck woke me." She said with a small smile.

"Come here then," I said.

I sat up and she moved in front of me, facing away. I gently started rubbing her back, working out all the knots and easing the soreness.

"Merlin where'd you learn how to do that?" She asked breathlessly.

"It's not that hard," I chuckled.

Suddenly she turned around and grabbed my arm.

"It still bothers you?" She asked.

"Of course it does."

"I've got an idea that might help, but you probably won't like it.." She said sheepishly.

I tucked my finger under her chin, "Now why wouldn't I like anything your smart little brain comes up with?"

She smiled. "Well, its very... muggle."

I took my hand down, "How would anything muggles come up with help me with this?" I asked.

She looked sheepish again. "It won't make it go away, but it can hide it. It's called a tattoo."

"A tattoo?"

"It's sort of like the mark, but it's not evil. It's just ink, but it's permanent." She explained.

"Hmm.. that sounds interesting. I want it." I decided and stood up.

She scrambled around on the ground a bit before standing up herself. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm going to get a tattoo."

"Right now?"

"Yes, I'm tired of this hideous thing on my arm Hermione." I sighed.

She reached up and brushed my hair out of my face, and looked me up and down. "We'll need to get freshened up first, then I'll take you to a parlor."

I smiled, and pulled her into my arms, "Sounds like a plan."

We apparated back to the apartment to get ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour later Hermione and I, showered changed and generally looking nice, apparated into a small alley in the middle of London.

"This is it?" I asked, looking at the door in front of me. It was covered in what looked to be mud, mold, and something that looked suspiciously like blood.

"Goodness no! That's just the back door to a butchers shop." She said, and pulled me by the hand into the street.

"Remind me to not eat anything that comes out of there," I muttered. Hermione just laughed and continued pulling me down the street.

Finally we stopped in front of a small shop that had pictures of skulls, motorcycles and fire pasted into the windows.

"This looks sketchy as well." I mumbled.

"Oh hush. This is my Uncle Phil's shop, him and my parents aren't very close because they don't agree with his line of work." She explained.

"How surprising," I said sarcastically, and was awarded with a sharp slap to the arm.

"He's a nice man!"

"Okay okay woman! I believe you," I said rubbing my arm. She just rolled her eyes and opened the door.

"Mione!" Came a gruff voice from behind the counter. Hermione ran inside and gave him a hug.

I stopped as soon as I got in the door though. Merlin she didn't tell me he was a mountain troll! The man was huge! He was covered head to toe in these tattoo things, had a long black beard, and was wearing all leather. This is bad.

"And who is this?" He asked. Hermione gave me a pointed look, apparently I have to introduce myself.

I gulped, "Hello sir, I'm Draco. Draco Malfoy."

He looked me up and down for a moment before holding out his hand. Tentatively I took it, and he shook it up and down all while squeezing the life out of my fingers.

"You looking for some ink?" He asked when he finally let go.

"Yes, he wants a cover up." Hermione said, and pointed at the mark on my arm.

"Well I can see why, whoever did that has no idea how to work a gun!" He laughed, and Hermione laughed with him. I let out a forced chuckle as I have no idea what they're on about. This is insane.

"What do you want then?" He asked.

What? What does he mean what do I want? I want a tattoo I thought that was obvious! Nervously I looked to Hermione, who was obviously trying to cover up a laugh. Finally she whispered into her uncle's ear.

"Oh I can do that! Right then, come on lad." He said and started walking towards a chair in the corner of the room. Slowly I walked over and sat down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later I sat in that bloody torture chair with my eyes squeezed shut. She didn't tell me I was going to be getting stabbed over and over! What the bloody hell is wrong with these muggles? Willingly

being stabbed for some stupid picture!

"Draco! It's over, aren't you going to look?" Hermione asked.

I opened my eyes, and nervously looked down at my left arm, and my eyes widened in shock. I didn't even recognize it! There was no trace of the dark mark at all! Where the snake had been was now a rose vine with thorns, and the skull had been covered by a Phoenix taking flight. It took up my whole forearm, and looked absolutely beautiful. And totally badass.

"I'd say that looks pretty good." Said her uncle.

I looked up at the both of them with a huge smile on my face. It was worth the pain, and the stabbing. No more mark, just this wonderful little tattoo thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So..... wassup? 2 updates in a row! I'd say that i'm doing pretty well. Anyways, do you have any ideas for what i can do with this story? Love you guys,