[Episode 3!] GUNS AND GLORY

From that night onward Franky and Trent began to serve the city as its protectors stopping any crime from happening, and terrifying the criminals and leaving omega-cross mark on the site. These acts caught up with the media and made headlines  ' THE CITY HAS A NEW PROTECTOR!'. While some called him a hero others criticizing him as an act of anarchy due to his brutal methods. Though his view wasn't caught by many but some people told the news that they have had sightings of him. 

All they could tell was that he was dressed in dark clothes with a sword on his  back. The only evidence or sign of him that could be found was his omega-cross mark which began to be referred as 'CROSSCODE' by the media. All of this had now been going on for three months. And this is how the legacy of Crossfade begun. But all of these were small criminals or gangsters and there was no sign of any other mercenary from the master.

Then one night there was a burglary at the Sun City Police[SCP] armory warehouse. But the higher officials tried to cover this incident from public. They feared that if the news about the burglary at the high security building would break out then media would label them as vulnerable and affecting their public opinion. The thief stole specific things from the warehouse and rest all was in place. Then this happened twice in two consecutive weeks. Each time the CSI team could find no trace of him only the third when this time had happened, he left a note for them. It read as follows:

      'Bring me Crossfade if you want to protect Sun city and its citizens or else my latest invention shall doom upon this city!'

This note shocked Captain Richard Connors, the head of SCP. "The safety of city is at stake captain this seems to be no regular thief, I think its time to call for him." said Detective Herald.

"You're right we can't hide this anymore. Call in for a press conference tomorrow, we shall address the problem publicly now." said Captain Connors

"Yes captain" replied Detective Herald.

The next day a press conference was held at the SCP central hall. " We have called in you all for sharing some important and sensitive news which has led to security threat to our city. For past couple of weeks our high security armory warehouse was subjected to thievery and the suspect is unknown to us all we know is that he left no traces of him at the crime scene." said Capt. Connors.

"But what did he stole." asked a reporter from local news channel.

"What exactly does this mean for our city's security." asked a reporter from Crime Daily news channel.

"Well he stole two high-tech. phase shifting guns and a hyper-vibration ray gun which were meant to immobilize hearing aid, coms and practically the human ear partially." replied Detective Herald and continued "And we assure you that the city's safety will be our top priority!"

"Let's get it straight Captain what can those things do if re-engineered and most importantly WHAT does he want!" asked Carie Caliban, lead reporter of The Sunstreak Times newspaper.

" Ah...well Mr. Caliban those two guns if fused can turn into a lethal killing machine which does permanent hearing disability at least and he wants CROSSFADE!" replied a tensed Capt. Connors.

[ The whole room was filled with murmurs and whispers-OMG ! , what will happen ]

"This is our message to Crossfade if you're listening to this please help us protect our city!" said Captain Connors.

This news immediately broke headlines and was printed the very next hour on a special edition newsletter by The Sunstreak Times asking for Crossfade's help. As the news spread Franky got know about it on the TV while he was at the Bloom Labs, he immediately called Trent. "Hey! Trent did you saw the news." asked Franky.

"Yes , I did." replied Trent.

"So do you think it can be one of them?" asked Franky

" It can be, there's only one way to know let's meet him tonight. You know how to trace his location" replied Trent.

" Actually, yes if he is playing with sound waves then we can narrow down a location that experienced vibrational fluctuations for the recent time. Meet me at the base in evening." said Franky and ended the call.

(That Night at their base)

"OK I've transferred the location in your wrist gear, so gear up Crossfade." said Franky.

" Yes, I'm ready lets go." Said Crossfade and then he started his bike and left for the location.