[Episode 8!] THE CHALLENGE TO BEAT.

Anorath continued, " If you want to face me you have to go by our rules. We might be the followers of The Cult but this here is my yard, this is the spartan's den. The rule is simple kill or be killed. To beat our champion you have to kill him. Only then you shall face me, for I'am the right hand man of Lord Storme. So do you accept or are you afraid."

"Hmphh..(laughs a bit) so you think I am afraid, well guess what I'am not especially not from you and your Cult. All that I know is that a Spartan's word and honor is what he lives by. So are you offering me a fair challenge, or are you lost from that path too." asked Crossfade

"Honor and brutality are synonymous to a spartan. I assure you that match will be totally fair and no interference shall arise and whoever will try to break the rule, I will kill him first whether it be you or one of us. But I also assure you that you won't survive this challenge. Hmphh..hahaaa haaahhaaahaaah! replied Anorath.

" Well if that's the case then lets do it but remember if at any point I found you planning out any shenanigans then it will be your head and my blade." said Crossfade. Crossfade thought in his mind (" If he is so close to the cult then he could lead me to them and then I can have my answer to who killed my sister and mother. This is my chance.").

"Now since the ground rules have been laid let me introduce you to our champion and my younger brother, meet Rypheron. This is your test of endurance and mental might." said Anorath and then in came a huge man who was wearing black face mask with green tiger stripes on it and black pants those like Anorath's. 

He was probably a 7-foot plus man and had a physique that made even Anorath a bit small. As he entered the hall everyone else sat around the side walls like people in an ancient arena. The battlefield was set, and no restrictions of weaponry were kept. But out of there weapons he just picked up a huge iron chain and wrapped it around his knuckle. 

Then Crossfade removed his top armor and now he was in tank top, the competitors locked eyes. The fight began, "Remember the only way to end this is to kill or be killed." Anorath's voice echoed in the hall. Crossfade ran towards and jumped high to punch Rypheron in his face but was caught mid-air and slammed onto the floor by his foe giving him a huge blow. 

Thud! sound came as Crossfade landed. Somehow Crossfade recovered from that, and as he was making back to his feet the next thing he knew was him being tossed into a nearby wall by Rypheron.

"Ah! That was hard, hoping that no bone was fractured." said Crossfade (on coms).

"How are you feeling!?" asked Franky.

"Ever got hit by a freight truck cause that's the kind of feeling I'am going through right now." replied Crossfade.

"Isn't he too fast for his size." asked Franky.

"Yeah he is. He's their champ for some reason after all." replied Crossfade.

"So what are you going to do, how are you gonna beat him, what about injuring him first, I mean if you can." said Franky.

"Exactly, we can only take him down the smart way." said Crossfade as he staggered his way back to his feet.

"Best of luck for whatever your plan is, I'll wait for your instructions." said Franky.

"OK boy lets check your pressure points." said Crossfade to himself.

Both the opponents again locked eyes and then both of them charged towards each other. They were on a collision course the one in which Crossfade would be annihilated. As they closed in at the very last moment Crossfade baseball slid towards the right and delivered a strong kick to the back of the left knee joint of his opponent. And that blow rattled Rypheron a bit and tweaked his left knee, but he somehow managed to stay on his feet. But as he turned around he saw Crossfade dashing towards him, he tried to walk towards him but wasn't able to do so. And Crossfade thrashed the champions both knee with a high speed drop kick. And this time the big guy came crashing upon the floor for the very first time in this battle. And then Crossfade ran atop his back drew his blade and drove it into the back of the neck of Rypheron and finished him.

The next moment everybody was chanting- " Our new champion- Crossfade!"

The expression on the face of Scargaron was worth watching, his face turned pale in shame and fright. No one expected Crossfade to win. Anorath began to clap for the winner. And then he said, " I knew you would win after all you are the grandson of Sir Devillan Bloom MacArthur, the last knight of MacArthur province of Sun city. Now you are eligible to challenge me, finally I can kill by my own hands."

"Well correct me if I'am wrong but all your followers are loyal to your champion right." said Crossfade.

"Yes, you're absolutely right." said Anorath.

"So,since I'am you're new champion, I hereby release the Sons of Anarchee." Ordered Crossfade.

"How dare you filthy rat!" exclaimed an enraged Anorath.

"I just did, you all can leave you too Scargaron." said Crossfade.

"My loyalties are only to the lost spartan and I shall stand by him till my last breathe." announced Scargaron.

Immediately Anorath replied "Your loyalty would be rewarded high priest, but this new champion of ours will die! Let's fight Trent Bloom."