𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘖𝘳 𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵?

|| Flashback Through Seven's Eulogy ||

August Elle James
England, 31st October 2014

A game. I was a stupid bet and nothing more. I mean, why would I think that the Mac fucking Martins wanted me in the first place?
Stupid, naïve August.

Soon after we left Sev and the blonde, we found ourselves in the woods where he tried to continue what we started in the cabin.
I, on the other hand, was too embarrassed to do that, as his eyes were still all I saw as I closed my own. Mac became impatient and started to touch me with an urgency that made me quickly realize, that something was heavily wrong here.

He confessed. Chase made him do it and like the good little puppy he obviously was, he followed his masters command.

I never told Autumn, I walked away and decided that these kind of parties were not for me.
But today is Halloween and I've become quite lonely and bored, so fucking bored.

I never found it necessary to tell Autumn what really went down that night, but a part of me knew, that she figured it out without me saying much.
I guess that way it would at least explain why she stopped talking to Mac and broke it off with Chase.
I knew she loved him, I saw the pain in her eyes whenever she said, "Nah, boys come and go, fuck him."

And they did, they came and went out of her window like their life depended on it and I, the good sister I was, covered her ass each and every time.

I felt the need to do that, to be even, even if she never expected that from me.
Autumn lived her life and enjoyed every inch, yep, pun very mich intended, whereas I hid in my room behind my books, because certain dark eyes made my skin crawl with a need I never thought I would experience.

Stupid, naïve August...

But today is Halloween and I promised Autumn I would visit the Haunted House with her. She usually went with the popular kids from school, but lately she focused more on bonding with me and I never told her, but it meant so much to me.

So I dressed up, let her do my hair and make up and left the house again after months of "maybe next time, I promise."

That is how I ended up in the passenger seat of her car on our way to the finest attraction of the year, yup, Halloween was kinda a big thing here.

"You look hot." Autumn smiled from the drivers seat, glancing briefly my way.

I wore leather pants and a cropped black sweater that fell off my shoulder. I was cold, but I had to suck it up if I wanted to look hot, her words..

"Thanks to you," I smiled, "I like your look, what kind of sluttly animal are you portraying again?" I joked, smirking her way.

Over the months we grew so much closer and some way I wanted to thank Chase for that. Who'd think that he could do anything right?

"He might be there, you know.." Autumn changed the subject, approching the topic by tip toing around it. Well that solves the mystery; she knew. She never mentioned him before, not once. It was not Mac I was worried about, it was never him that made me avoid parties.

I sighed, looking out the window, "I know." It was his scene after all. I mean, he did try to talk to me again that night, because he was the one who found me in the woods with Mac. He made sure I was alright after he openly shared his plans with me.