Chapter Seven

Louis

“You can go” Preston says. “If you take me, Jonas, and Patrick.” I sigh.

“And leave Mark and Brandon alone with the others?” I ask.

“Niall's coming with us” Preston says.

“Great” I reply, and I do mean it. I'll be glad to have him along. I won't be so alone.

I can't believe Preston's actually going to let me see her. Even if he is making me take more then half of the security force. I would've thought he'd keep me here out of spite.

“Louis, now” Preston says.

“What?” I ask.

“We're going now” he replies. It's the morning after we got the call, and Preston is apparently ready.

“Is Niall ready?” I ask.

“He's in the van with Jonas” Preston replies. I sigh.

“Well, can I at least get dressed first?” I ask. “I think showing up in my boxers might be a bad idea in this situation.” Preston smiles slightly, before backing out of the room and closing the door. I get dressed quickly, in my usual striped shirt and red trousers.

Downstairs, I have to pass Harry, Liam, and Zayn. They don't even acknowledge me. I keep thinking of what Liam said, and how right he was. I won't be able to fix this easily.

I climb into the van and slide into the back seat next to Niall. Preston's back here with us, and Patrick's driving with Jonas in the passenger seat. They must want to hurry this along, the only person that drives faster then Patrick is Harry.

“Are you ready?” asks Niall softly, so no one else can hear.

“Yeah” I lie. “Ready for anything.”

-

Callin

“Louis wants to see you” the nurse says. “You saved-”

“I know” I say, cutting her off. “I saved him. I did it on purpose.” The police officer on the other side of my bed leans in.

“Did you see the shooter?” she asks excitedly.

“Yeah, sort of” I say. “It was a man, dark hair, I saw him point the gun and I stepped in front of it.”

“You don't have to-” the nurse begins. I cut her off.

“How many times do I have to tell you, this was my choice?” I ask. “I chose to save him!”