Chapter Eighteen

Callin

Preston escorts us outside, to where Patrick and Jonas are waiting.

“Where's Paul?” Liam asks, as Patrick helps Louis into the back of a police car. I fleetingly wonder who Paul is, but I can't really focus on anything right now.

I need Delaney's giraffe.

Now.

I climb into the car next, and hear Preston's reply to Liam's question. “He's at the hotel. You'll see him soon.”

“What's wrong?” Louis asks me, watching my face closely. I glance up front, to see the police officer sitting in the driver's seat.

“Later” I hiss.

I guess I do want to tell Louis, though.

Maybe I should let someone else help carry my burden.

And if I'm going to tell anyone, it's Louis that I trust.

I feel like . . . maybe it's time to tell him everything.

-

Louis

We have two suites in the hotel. Top floor for us, and the next one down for security.

Paul meets us at our suite.

“Hello, boys” he says, grinning.

“I'd run up and hug you, but my foot hurts” I say, my face erupting in a massive grin. I feel like Liam wants to hug Paul as well, but Callin's leaning heavily on Liam, weak from all of her time in the wheelchair.

“Paul, this is Callin” Liam says. “It's thanks to her Louis' alive.”

“So I've heard” Paul says. “It's nice to meet you, Callin.” He holds out a hand. Callin grabs it, and shakes, but she seems dazed, unfocused.

I need to know what's wrong.

“I missed you boys” Paul says, as he opens the hotel door for us.

Honestly, I feel safer now that Paul's here.

I know it's silly, but he's always made me feel safer.

Preston's a great guy and all, but there's a reason Paul's the head of security and Preston isn't. Though, I don't know if Paul's even ready for the guys that are after us.

Me.

I limp into the room after Liam and Callin. There are four doors leading off of the main room of our suite.