Chapter Eight

Niall

I can see Louis and Callin talking through the glass. I can't hear what they're saying, but facial expressions say a lot.

“Are you trying to read their lips?” someone asks from behind me. I jump. Then I turn around. A girl is sitting there, grinning at me. I clear my throat.

“Ahm . . . no?” I say. She laughs.

“I know you were” she says. “I'm Robin, by the way.”

“Hi, Robin” I say, offering my hand. She shakes. “Oh, and I can't read lips” I add. “I was trying to read their minds.”

“I could help you” she says. “I'm very good at reading minds.”

“Oh, are you now?” I ask. “Read mine.”

“You're wondering if I know who you are” she says. I feel myself blush. She's right. “And I do, by the way” she adds. “My best friend is a fan.”

“And you're not?” I ask.

“I don't like your music” she says, shrugging. “But you all seem like nice people.”

“What kind of music do you like, then?” I ask.

“Hmm, Linkin Park, Ed Sheeran, Blake Shelton” she replies.

“Who's Blake Shelton?” I ask, frowning.

“He's an American country singer” she replies.

“Right” I say. “So you like rock, pop, and country music? How does that work?”

“I'm a complicated person” she says, wiggling her eyebrows. I laugh. “So” she continues. “In there? Louis Tomlinson, right?”

“I thought you weren't a fan!” I say.

“I know who you are” she points out. “Even though you never introduced me.” I blush again.

“Er, sorry” I say. “I'm Niall Horan.”

“Apparently, your eyes are dreamy” she says. “I'm supposed to tell you that.”

“Okay?” I say, more then a bit confused.

“My friend” she explains. “The One Direction fan. Every time anyone says anything about you, she manages to bring up how dreamy your eyes are. She made me promise that if I ever met you I'd deliver the message. So there you go. She made all our friends promise, actually, so it's not just me. But none of us thought we'd actually meet you.”

I get the feeling this girl is rather high-energy. But she's sort of fun, too.