Chapter 13 - Getting Ready

The day of the gig had arrived. I quickly got ready and walked to Andy's house. He's not the most fashion forward guy I know, so I figure he'll need a bit of assistance. I knock on the Fletcher's door, and Mrs. Fletcher opened it.

"Hello Eve dear, here to help him get ready, aren't you?" Mrs. Fletcher asks.

I nod.

"Thank goodness. He's clueless. Andrew! Eve is here!" She calls. "Just go up."

I walk up the stairs and knock on his door.

"Come in Eve, I know it's you."

I open the door and find him wearing a plain white t shirt and pants.

"I don't know what to wear. Dave's the 'fashionista' or whatever, not me." He says glumly.

"I'm not that much of a fashion expert myself, but let's see what we can do." I tell him.
I walk over to his dresser and carefully look through his shirts.

I pick out a white button down shirt and tan pants.

"Do you know what anyone else is wearing?" I asked him.

"Martin said something about a bow tie, and Vince said something about suspenders. Dave just laughed at them." He replies.

"Well, then this will do." I say, handing his clothes to him. "I'll leave you to get dressed."

He nods, and I leave the room, shutting the door softly.

After a minute or two passes, Andy opens the door again, carrying his synthesizer.

"Let me get my keyboard in the car and then we'll be off." He says.

We walk down the stairs, say a quick 'see you soon!' to Mrs. Fletcher and put the synth in the car. Andy got in the drivers seat, and I took the passenger seat. The school wasn't too far from where we all lived, but it would be silly to walk with a keyboard.

A few blocks away from the school, Andy pulls over.

"Are you nervous?" I ask him.

He nods. "A little. What if they don't like us?"

I take my hands and put them in his. "Andy, what's not to like? You guys have a great set list, some original songs, some covers, something for everyone. I know it's your first gig with Dave, so that's a little stressful, but it will be fine." I lean in and kiss him on the lips. "There, is that better?" I ask.

A car stops next to us, and whoever's driving it honks the horn. We both turn around and see Vince and Martin in the car next to us. Martin is driving and rolls down the window.

"There's time for that later! C'mon! We got a show to do!" He shouts.

Before they drive off, we see Vince roll his eyes. After they leave, Andy and I burst out laughing.

"They're right, you know. We better go." Andy says, and we drive.