Chapter 3

"Hey do you think you should be up and moving so soon?" Alex questioned when she saw Kara walking around the apartment.

"It's fine I mean you haven't stopped me and you won't stop me. I've been on bed rest for way to long." Kara replied.

"Fine but just take it easy. Will you?" Alex said knowing that she wouldn't change her sisters mind.

"I make no promises." Kara said while getting herself a bowl of cereal. "Hey where's Oliver?" Kara asked confused as to where he could've gone.

"Oh he's staying at the DEO for now." Alex said while walking over with her coffee in hand. "Which is where we are going later today to make sure you are totally fine."

"Okay. Oh crap what about Snapper? He's probably wondering where I have been for the last three days." Kara said while taking another bite of cereal.

"Oh don't worry about him James probably got it excused." Alex said.

"Yea but I'm still nervous I mean have you seen James' excuse skills. They need serious work." Kara said finishing her cereal.

Alex just laughed and told Kara to get ready they could deal with Snapper and James' excuse skills later, but right now they really needed to get Kara checked out.

Time skip to around 6:30 p.m.

After Kara had been cleared to return home and there were no lasting injuries she didn't hesitate to go say hi to Mr. Oliver Queen.

Once Kara got to the bunking room she opened the door very slowly to find no one in there. Strange, but she didn't let that stop her and the next place she guessed he would be was the training room.

When Kara got to the observation platform above it she saw him training and decided to head down.

When Kara opened the door she gave a very small,"hi." Before getting one of the wooden sticks thrown at her. She then jumped back and yelped in surprise.

"Woah stand down I pose no threat." Kara said once she had easily dodged the stick.

"Sorry it's just a reflex." Oliver said once he realized who it was.

"What to throw things at people who walk in on your training sessions?" Kara asked grinning widely.

"No it's just I didn't know who it was." Oliver said unable to stop a grin from finding its way to his own face.

"So let me get this straight you throw the nearest object at people who you don't know that walk in on your training sessions. Well I guess I better go warn the rest of the DEO." Kara said chuckling.

"No it's just you surprised me in two ways. First is your wearing a cheerleader type outfit and Second is I didn't expect you up and moving so soon." Oliver replied.

"So you thought oh she's up better throw my training stick at her." Kara said now just trying to annoy him a bit.

"No it's.. Ugh.. It's just I didn't expect you to walk in in the middle of it." Oliver said clearly a little agitated.

"Hey calm down I'm just trying to mess with you a little bit." Kara said grinning from ear to ear. Her plan had worked.

Oliver just rolled his eyes and said, "only you Kara Danvers only you." Oliver said now smiling. "But really I am glad to see you up and moving. I was worried."

"Well you don't really have to worry about me girl of steel remember. But I still appreciate you dropping everything to come here." Kara said.

"Of course you're my friend and friends need to be there for each other." Oliver said

Suddenly an alarm rang through the building and the two heroes raced into the main area to see what triggered the alert.

"Agent Schott what is it this time?" J'onn said to the agent.

"Uh.. Um.. we just got an alert about a bomb in an alleyway on (insert address)." Winn replied.

"That's like 3 miles from here." Kara said.

"Yea I know but that's where it is and apparently it's already ticking down."

"Okay I'll go disarm it." Kara said confidently. "What's the time before it goes off?"

"Around half an hour." Winn answered.

"See plenty of time I will be in and out." Kara said.

"Supergirl are you sure you want to go out there?" J'onn asked.

"J'onn I'll be fine. I need to get out there and do something again." Kara replied. "And plus you guys will be here to help me disarm the bomb and act as my backup if I need it."

"Ok Supergirl be careful." J'onn said to the excited hero.

Kara just smiled and took off heading towards the bomb. Grateful to be back in the field.

As soon as Kara got to the bombs location she knew something was off. She felt sick to her stomach and it only got worse the closer she got to the bomb. She then realized what it was. Kryptonite.

"Alex." Kara swallowed hard, "I think the bomb is surrounded by kryptonite."

"What! Kara you can't be their you have to get out of there. Let J'onn handle it." Alex pleaded.

"No by the time I get back it will be to late the bomb will have gone off. I need to do this." Kara replied.

"Kara stop being the hero for one minute and think about what this will do. It could kill you." Alex said.

"Yes Alex I know it can, but if I die protecting others. I'm at peace with it." Kara said.

"Kara please don't. Please let someone else handle it. I.. I can't lose you." Alex said her voice cracking.

"And you won't I'm going to diffuse it." Kara said determined.

"Okay just please please be careful." Alex said almost crying.

"Always am." Kara said earning a small laugh from the other end.

Ha I'm going to leave you on a cliff hanger, but don't worry because I will be releasing the next chapter very soon. Word count: 1010