Chapter 12

Alex watched in horror as she saw Lillian insert the needle into Kara's neck. Kara went limp, but that didn't last for long as a few minutes later she started spasming on the table and screaming.

To any other person it would appear that Kara was having a seizure, but Alex knew better. She knew this was all Lillian's doing, she was making Kara experience whatever was going on inside her head.

Alex also knew that this was all part of Lillian's plan for Alex to break and give her the location of the DEO. Alex thought she could stay strong, not crack under the pressure, but her sister's screams and fighting against the restraints was to much and she caved.

"Stop! Stop! I'll give you what you want just stop whatever you're doing to her," Alex says with tears streaming down her face, as she watches Kara arch her back off the table.

She then watches as Lillian inserts another needle into Kara's neck. Almost instantly she saw all of Kara's muscles relax and a tear escapes from her eye. Whatever Lillian did to her took a huge toll.

"Let me go," Alex says and Kara opens her eyes, "the only way I'll tell you is if you let me go."

Lillian nods and the guards release Alex, instantly she runs up to her sister's side and watches as Kara starts to lose focus of the things around her.

"Hey Kara focus on me," Alex says gripping the sides of her sisters face, still slick from tears, making her look at her.

Kara's eyes glaze over with recognition and she looks as though she's about to break down once again, once she and Alex lock eyes.

"Hey it's okay, your okay," Alex soothes once she sees Kara start to breath heavier.

"Alex," Kara choked out, almost sobbing.

Alex then grabs Kara's hand and squeezes reassuringly, "I'm here Kara, I'm here," Alex says quiet enough for only Kara to hear, kissing her on the forehead.

Alex is then pulled away from Kara, releasing her hand.

While Alex is being pulled away she says to Lillian, "Get me a map and I will mark the location down for you."

Kara's hand falls heavily onto the table. Kara doesn't want to struggle against the restraints anymore, wanting nothing more than to give  up and sleep.

"Before you do that Alex I have someone I'd like you and your sister to see," Lillian says. "Get him and bring him in. It's time for these two to know who's been assisting me." Lillian then looks down at Kara and smiles. "Who told me what was the best way to get you two here and how to break the girl of steel."

Kara then feels the sedative finally set in completely and she faintly hears Alex struggling against the guards as she sees a blurry figure come in and stand at the edge of the table.

Jeremiah, but he was supposed to be dead. What's he doing at CADMUS? Kara thought, her heart speeding up as she feels her body go numb, her head lolling to the side right before passing out.

Kara and Alex are then thrown into a cell, Alex instantly running over to her sister, who was shivering while checking her pulse, it was weak, but there.

Oliver walks in after them and sees Alex pull off her jacket and wrap it around Kara.

"How's she doing?" Oliver replies after seeing Alex check Kara's pulse.

"Well she's alive is all I can say right now, but she's freezing and I don't know how she's doing mentally," Alex says remembering how Kara reacted to the serum Lillian injected into her.

"Wait how is she freezing, I thought Kryptonians didn't get cold?" Oliver asks.

"They don't normally, but her body isn't used to her being powerless, so technically this is the first time she's felt this temperature and her body doesn't know how to react because it's much colder than her normal body temperature, so she's shivering trying to regulate it back," Alex replies.

Oliver nods in understanding and stares at the floor before saying, "I really hate doing this to her."

Alex replies, "I know you do, but we have to finish the mission and this was the only way."

"It just feels so evil. I'm mean how am I supposed to shoot her?" Oliver asks.

"Just know that you are saving her life by doing it," Alex says noticing Oliver doesn't want to be the one who has to do it.

Oliver then breathes out heavily and stands up, deciding to leave.

After a while Kara's eyes start to flutter and she opens them, to find Alex's jacket draped across her and Alex asleep in the corner of the cell.

Kara then gets hit with the memories of what happened before, Oliver betraying her, watching the people she loves most be killed, and finally learning her father was behind most of it.

Kara then feels an extreme cold and she starts shaking, just as Alex wakes up.

Alex runs over to Kara when she sees her start shaking and embraces her in her arms, trying to get some heat back to Kara. Kara is still shaking, her body not knowing how to react to the temperature being colder.

Alex sat there with Kara in her arms. She had grabbed her jacket again and put it back on Kara. Kara soon stops shivering, but neither her or Alex move from where they were sitting, Kara because she didn't have the energy to and Alex because she didn't want to leave Kara's side.

Kara drifts off and Alex holds her, stroking her hair as she leans back into her shoulder. Soon Kara starts whimpering, her breathing getting more labored, she was having a panic attack.

"Hey Kara it's okay it's okay," Alex said trying to calm her, Kara shot up panting.

Alex reached up and took her by the shoulders, leading her backwards so that she was leaning against the bars, as she breaks down.

Alex wrapped her arms around Kara as Kara gripped her torso burying her head into Alex's shoulder as she starts to cry. Alex sits there rubbing Kara's back in a comforting manner, not wanting to say anything and just lets Kara cry into her shoulder. If Kara was ready to talk about what she saw Alex was there to listen.

Ok so I plan to end the parts of them at CADMUS next chapter and I'm sorry if it's bad the only time I have to write the parts are late at night so I'm not at my greatest when I am writing them, but nonetheless thank you for reading this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. Word count: 1131