Chapter 7

Oliver followed J'onn to a secluded office type room with no windows and only one door.

"What are we doing in here?" Oliver asked.

"I needed a secure place to talk to you about something I need you to do," J'onn said.

"What is it?" Oliver asks, crossing his arms.

"I need you to make sure Kara doesn't do anything that can get her hurt," J'onn tells Oliver.

"Wait why?" Oliver asks creasing his eyebrows in confusion.

"She's being targeted by an anti-alien organization called CADMUS. That believes that all aliens should be eradicated from planet earth," J'onn explained.

"Are those the people that shot her and placed the bomb?" Oliver asked.

"Yes and I want you to make sure that nothing happens to her if they come after her again. Can you do that?" J'onn asks.

"Yes I believe I can," Oliver says.

"I need you to be completely sure you can, because if you can't I don't know if I can with running the DEO and trying to find them," J'onn tells him.

"Well I can do it. So you don't have to worry about it." Oliver tells J'onn.

"Okay, and I don't really like to do this to her, but I need you to not tell her what's going on and what I talked to you about in here," J'onn says.

"Okay I'm not really comfortable with lying to Kara, but whatever keeps her safe I guess," Oliver says shrugging.

J'onn nods in agreement and says, "I don't really like lying to her either, but I need you to keep her safe. No matter what."

"Will do," Oliver says nodding his head.

J'onn and Oliver talk for about 20 more minutes before J'onn finally says
"Okay well thank you. We should be getting back out there." J'onn says opening the door motioning for Oliver to exit.

***

After Oliver and J'onn finished their talk, they head back into the main part of the DEO where everybody else was busy trying to find signs of CADMUS.

"Hey. What did you two talk about in there?" Kara asked once Oliver walked over to her.

"Oh nothing really just what the DEO is and what it requires of me," Oliver says making sure not to tell her what they really were talking about.

Kara smiles and says, "Okay well if you do need anything clarified I am here to help."

"Well I might just take you up on that offer," Oliver says while taking her hand in his.

Right then Mon el walks in and spots Kara and Oliver holding hands laughing. He walks over with a placid look.

Mon el stares at Oliver before looking at Kara and saying, "this is the man you chose to love. You really must hate yourself."

Oliver notices Kara start to look down embarrassed, with tears brimming her eyes and comes to her aid, "well she chose you first and we all know how that turned out. And what gave you the right to talk to her that way?"

"Who are you to her?" Mon el asks totally disregarding his question.

"A friend and someone who won't choose another woman over her," Oliver replies putting his arm around Kara protectively.

Mon el notices the gesture and replies, "you don't even know who I am or what happened to me."

"I don't need to. The only thing I need to know is that you hurt her. Oliver replies as Kara buries her face into his chest, unable to hold in her emotions anymore.