Chapter 9

Oliver woke to the sun shining through the window and straight onto him. He groans in annoyance before he realized that Kara was no longer with him.

He gets up from the couch and walks into the kitchen, seeing a note on the counter.

Hey Oliver sorry I wasn't here this morning Alex needed me at the DEO, but I will be back soon. -Kara

Oliver smiles and grabs a water bottle from the fridge as he turns the news on.

As soon as the news feed comes on it shows Kara fighting against a strange looking alien. It had horns and was covered with scales with red eyes. It also had retractable spikes.

The alien had gotten a few good hits on Kara, hitting her once with the spikes but was still no match for her as she punched it across the jaw instantly knocking it out.

DEO agents then ran to the scene as Kara took flight arriving back at the apartment in less than a minute.

As soon as she walks into the apartment she goes up to Oliver and throws her arms around his neck pulling him into a kiss.

Oliver then pulls away and stares at her before saying, "As much as I love seeing you destroy aliens I would love it even more if you let me go with you."

"I can maybe make that happen. As long as you don't take to long getting in your suit," Kara says back at him.

"We can't all be as quick as you and just between you and me you are much quicker than Barry," Oliver says whispering on the last part.

"I didn't hear anything," Kara says while letting go to go get changed out of her suit.

Kara then staggers and would have fallen if Oliver hadn't caught her right before she hit the ground.

"Kara are you okay?" Oliver asks her.

Kara doesn't answer and just shakes her head as she starts to breathe heavier.

"I'm going to call Alex," Oliver says.

Kara's hearing then cuts out for a split second before everything crashes back on her.

She cries out in pain as she can hear every noise; the sound of a car horn, people's hearts beating, children laughing, and Oliver talking to her, his voice sounding as though he's screaming at her through a megaphone.

She then shakily gets up and flies out of the apartment heading to the desert as it's the only place she can think of in the moment.

As soon as she gets to the desert she lands on the ground and lies down on her back, trying to get her breathing back to normal as her hearing goes back to normal as well.

After a couple of minutes she tries to get up, but stops on her knees as heat vision starts to shoot out of her eyes and on to the ground.

She tries to stop her heat vision as she normally would, but seeing as they didn't stop she finally figures out what's going on with her. She didn't have control over her powers.

It's just like when she first arrived on Earth where she had to learn to control her powers, "Come on Kara," she says to herself.

Finally she calms down enough to actually think straight and she gently closes her eyes, slowly letting her body relax as the heat vision stops.

She then gets up, but her head starts to spin and she falls to the ground, her head smacking the ground with a crack. She feels something warm run down the side of her face and she reaches up to touch the side of her head.

After she pulls her hand down she stares at in horror as it is now covered in blood.

She would at least think she had some control, but no all her powers were going haywire.

Pretty soon her vision changes to a shade of purple as her X-ray vision starts to act up and she looks down at herself, seeing instantly through her skin and sees her racing heart over everything else.

Somehow she stops it and reaches into her boot to grab her phone.

She clicks a random number and it happens to be Oliver's, "Oli...Oliver?" She asks while running her trembling hand through her hair.

"Yea Kara. I'm here. What's going on? Why did you just rush out of the apartment and where are you?" he asks on the other line.

"I... I don't have control over my powers and... and I'm in the desert just outside of National City," Kara says as tears start to stream down her face.

"Hey Kara just calm down I will be there in a minute," Oliver says while heading down to get his motorcycle.

"Please hurry Oliver. I don't know how long I can do this," Kara says feeling her powers start to surface again.

"I'm almost there Kara, just hang on for a couple more minutes," Oliver says through the phone in his helmet.

"Okay, okay. I love you Oliver," Kara says.

"I love you too Kara now just hang on for me," Oliver says while Kara hangs up.

Kara puts her phone back into her boot and focuses on her breathing. She then gets an idea. She has to solar flare.

She knew that it wasn't the best idea, but at the moment she didn't have the time to think of a new one.

She then opens her eyes and focuses on the ground letting her heat vision start to shoot out of her eyes.

She then starts to feel herself grow weaker as Oliver rides up on his motorcycle, not even bothering to turn it off as he runs up to her, wrapping his arms around her as he tells her, "Kara stop."

Even if she wanted to she didn't have any control as her body grows weaker from the excess use of her heat vision.

"Dang it Kara stop!" Oliver says as he feels her start to slump more onto him.

A yell rips from her throat as she continues to push her heat vision to the limit.

After about a minute longer she finally stops as she feels her body give out and she goes limp in Oliver's arms as he pulls her closer to him. She then feels her body go numb as she loses consciousness.

Okay this was not the way I expected this chapter to go, but anyways it works and I hope you like it. I will probably get at least 4 more chapters out in probably 10 more minutes. Word count: 1107