Chapter 14

Kara woke slowly, the first thing she noticed was that she was no longer in her suit, but a hospital gown.

There was a dull ache in her shoulder and side. She also faintly felt an IV in her hand. And her left shoulder had a bulge of a bandage wrapped around it.

The anesthetic that had been released from each of the points was still present as she felt herself drifting off again and she didn't have the energy to stay awake.

***

The next time she awoke she didn't feel anything different besides the fact that her neck had a strange tingling sensation.

Oliver had been sitting by the bed waiting for her to wake up, and when she did he instantly grabbed her hand.

As soon as their hands intertwined Kara turned her head to look at him as he looked down at her, a worried expression present on his face.

"Hey," Kara says drowsily, slightly smiling.

"Hi," Oliver says lightly, "how are you feeling?"

"As well as I can be."

"Kara I'm so sorry. I regret every moment off that. I wish I could've taken your place somehow," Oliver says, tears brimming in his eyes.

"Oliver I don't blame you. You were just doing whatever you could to protect me," Kara says while cupping his cheek with her hand.

"I could've done more though Kara. I could have made it so I didn't have to betray you to get to Lillian," He says while putting his hand over hers.

"Oliver you were doing everything in your power with what you had. And remember it could have been worse without you there," Kara says.

"I'm still sorry about it and if you don't want..." He was cut off by her pulling herself closer to him, kissing him, shutting him up as he kissed her back.

After a few moments they broke their kiss and stared into each other's eyes before Oliver helps Kara lay back down, after noticing her wince slightly and put her hand on her stomach.

"Get some rest and we will talk later. Okay?" Oliver says.

"Okay," Kara replies.

Oliver smiles as he smooths her hair back, watching as she falls asleep. Their hands still intertwined. He was not letting her out of his sight until CADMUS was fully gone.

Alex walks into the room and sees Oliver holding Kara's hand as she sleeps peacefully.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Alex asks him while putting a hand on his shoulder.

Oliver jumps and Kara slightly stirs, as Oliver rubs the back of her hand. "Fine I mean I'm glad we don't have to be there anymore."

"Me too." Alex says. "And if you're wondering if you want to you can bring her back to her apartment in a couple of hours."

"Well thank you, but can I ask why are you clearing her so early?" Oliver asks while turning to look at Alex.

"I can see you care about her and she doesn't usually like to be cooped up at the DEO."

Oliver nods and Alex heads out of the room going back to what she was doing before.

***

A few hours later Oliver carries Kara into her apartment, laying her on her bed as he goes to the couch.

The time read 12:37 a.m. And Oliver tried to fall asleep. At around 2:30 a.m. Oliver wakes up to hear Kara whimpering.

He walks into her bedroom and up to the bed, gently trying to get her to wake up. After a minute or two she finally opens her eyes, staring at him before she screams in pain.