Chapter 4 Part 1 | The Legend

Readers POV
The clock showed 1am and it was a deeply dark night. Nearly everything was silent and dark besides the tapping on your keyboard and the light of your screen. "where am I and-" you tried to remember but your brain still wasn't fully awake yet, "Why did i sleep at the desk again?" you reasoned out while looking around and harshly rubbing your eyes.

After your dry eyes finally managed to concentrate on one spot, you looked over the desk and found your closed laptop, a bottle of whine and a glass with lip stains on the edge. "Well, the whine should explain why i don't remember anything after going in the kitchen and poring in some whine." Now you took all your energy to move your arms on the table and opened up your laptop and put in the password. Actually you had to try three times before it got accepted. Nothing so far has been changed, "the background and folders are the same from what i'm seeing." You didn't thought about it any further and moved on to check for the browse history. Besides from that you clicked on your search history list to figure out what you've been doing the whole night. "Meh, seems not that bad!" Things like: "How much whine can a human handle?" or "When do you get drunk?" started to pop up since you were going through it from bottom to top.

Suddenly you found something strange and this was the point where you found your answer. Without having any clue you started clicking on the strange links one by one. "Forest with one road in Korea", "Death Angels", "Grim Reaper" and stuff along those lines made you feel suspicious and nervous. The time jumped back, now you remembered it all again! You hesitated to quickly go to your files and search for a hidden folder. And you had to click a lot to get there. Asking yourself why you would do it and hide it like that made you even more scared then you were before. "What is so special about you, that i found out about this man~" you took your finger and placed it on top of the file, just one click away from solving the mystery, "that i had to hide from the world an even myself?" *click* It popped up, many text files, which you could barely read due to you enjoying some alcohol last night, but the pictures gave you some more clues.

One picture really seemed like a photo which was taken with a drone or something. It was a forest by night, with had only one street going through it and one single lantern after one half of the way. "Is this the place he meant?" Thinking about it more intensely made your headache come through more smashing and hammering as before but you just ignored it. Your health condition wasn't the highest priority right now so you continued scanning the other files. "All i see is shadows", totally pointless you found this sentence in between of a random mess. Questions started to fill up your head again, but now knowing where to start the research. You took the photo and opened it on his original website which looked like a kind of Satan cult stuff but you kept looking. Basically it was about a legend which was known only in a small amount of people.

"The legend tells that if a person you don't know, keeps appearing in your dreams again and again you will die soon. This happens because the person tells them to find a lonely street in the woods and after research they all find the road. Where he waits, waits for the sinner to finally make an end with their pointless life. As soon as they drive their car on the road, mist starts to surround them and make them stop. Then the lights will go off and the person in your dreams will take your soul away. Nothing remains besides the car." "There could be no way this is real!" Surely you're a person who likes this kind of creepy story stuff but, you noticed some important details about this story, "Why does it stop so abruptly, it seems like the mist just blocked away the person who saw it? Well, no matter if it's real or just a silly creepy story, this suits it perfectly! I need to contact the person who wrote this."

While searing for a "contact us" button you looked across some other pictures which were randomly placed on the pages. A lot of mist, broken or old rusty cars, a police officer team standing right next to a car they found on the road without having even the slightest hints about where the person who drove it went. After not finding an email address or something, you had a new plan. Maybe it was crazy but you just wanted to solve this . "So there is a picture of a man who's about my age and he went missing, at least that's what was written on the flier. If it's real then this was about 15 years ago and there's a phone number on it. Man, the family of this man must be super depressed i suppose. If it's the best idea to call them and ask his family members for the circumstances of his mysterious death? That seems like my only option tho."

You had no other option. You could feel the sweat and anxiousness in your trebling fingers. It has been a while since you randomly called somebody without even knowing them. Seconds away from pressing the green button you took a deep breath and went on with your plan.

...

*beep, beep, bee-*

Lady: "Hello, here's Mrs. Lee, what's the matter?"

Stuttering you finally asked your questions after a few seconds of pure silence.

Y/n: "Ehh, Hello. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting."

Mrs Lee: "No not really. But, do i know you?"

"I don't think so, i'll introduce myself first. My name is Y/n and i live in Seoul." With this sentence your voice lightened up till the point where you nearly forgot the matter of your call. As soon as it popped back up in your mind you went on with your sentence. "B-but i wanted to ask something."

The Lady on the other side of the phone was probably at that point were she questioned your reason and was about to call the cops.

"Uhmm, sure."

Her voice started to sound pretty suspicious but also interested.

"Then go on and ask whatever it is i'll try to help you"

Surely she didn't sound nice, who would even trust a complete stranger you don't even know?!

"Alright, it's about your son." You felt quite surprised she didn't hung up yet and listened to your stuff but no matter how much you tried to calm yourself down, you still felt scared of hurting her.

"Ahh I see, so you're a cop or something am i right?"

"Actually I'm not, but let's talk about him."

"Since you're not a cop, I guess you saw an article about him going missing somewhere. It's been a while now but sure let's talk about him."

...

After a while the call ended. She did tell you some things but the most hilarious part was that when her son disappeared she didn't even ask the police for any evidence or if he's still alive. "So i'm not alone with my family problems" you thought while thinking at your situation which wasn't that better if you think about it. "If i think about it," a kind of happy but also sad smile was painted on your face, "i think my mother wouldn't have cared for me in that case as well". You just left that thought and went on with thinking about the woman. "She didn't sound sad, like, at all. It was the other way around! It seemed like she was tired of speaking about her son or simply just annoyed. Being able to relate to the young man let you feel pressure and pain. "There's a lot i went through~" those important memories could never fade away, it was a part of you. "but that's not how i want to end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So guys, this is the ending of this part, i actually just finished the "main part" yesterday, now i'll probably upload the chapters once or twice a week.
Byee~