Chapter 8 | Couting (Final)

Readers Pov
"I love you." you wish he somehow was able to hear it, but no matter if he did or not, you wouldn't have known the reply, if there even was one.

Maybe it made you sad, depressive or mad, what it definitely made you, was heartbroken. Deeply in your chest you felt the pain, as if a piece got ripped out of it and was now left, bleeding out every last drip of blood.

You sat on a an light brown carpet which was covered in dust and some stains. It smelled so familiar but didn't like home. Home, that was clearly somewhere else now, where again, you couldn't return to. You sat up find yourself in your small, messy apartment. It did make you subtlety smile for a second, but that was it. You looked out of the window, not caring if everything was on it's place or something, you simply didn't care about it. The rain was painting it's beautiful tears down the glass, and you remembered the last time you stud in this place. But this time you had something to live on for, even tho you were sure, you'd never see the reason again.

Days passed. All you did was cleaning a bit and keeping yourself alive, maybe even with a bit more enthusiasm as you did before.

Weeks passed. You kind of had ragged yourself to parties, meet some people but couldn't quite fully let go of the emptiness, which was the reason for you to leave the parties just an hour after you went there.

Months passed. The time was up for the fun. Someday you had started to write dairy entries, tried writing stories, but they always ended up being the same. Always about the same topic. Each and every conversation you had with others, all the time you ended up not listening and dreaming. Dreaming for a better future, in which you, could finally be happy, with him.

A year had passed, well not fully yet. To be exact, 364 days and you just had woken up. to your surprise, you hadn't heard anything from Team Alpha since you got back home again, but you were glad about not loosing your head for what you had done. Your days increased by a lot and got better, filled with more living and enthusiasm but every evening, Minhyuk was the one to think of to get proper sleep. The pain was still hiding under your smile which you wore by daylight. You even sometimes felt like having a crush on someone but it didn't go on for long. Each day you had made a line to count the days on your wall. Each day- and this evening, your wall would have counted to 365. Whatever you did, the risk of going back, was to dangerous. What if he was dead already, what if there was a new Soul Keeper, what if he didn't love you back.

You got up from your bed and got ready like you'd normally do for a Tuesday morning, on which you had attend to work. While wearing some sporty but still formal clothes, you walked along the street and looked like any other pedestrian. All the workers looking so worried, stressed out and busy, walked past you. Mostly doing something on their phone, actually phoning or just blindly starring at the ground. Nobody looked up, neither looked up at you. This was the day, you're life had just began to be normal.

Your job maybe wasn't the most adventures or interesting one, but spending your time at a small coffee shop at the end of a crowded street, sometimes brought you more fun than it sounded like. You enjoyed your job which at least brought up enough money to pay the rent and not starve. Talking to so many different people, in so many different languages, and besides the ones who came here regularly, each one looked different. Here they forgot most of their stressful day and took their time to just lean back, enjoy a cup of coffee or a piece of cake. Some day you started counting how many people reminded you of him.

After you took your lunch break you headed back to the main room to pick up the dirty cups and dishes to bring them to the kitchen. Second later you were just about to return from the kitchen as a hand grabbed you by your arm, covered up your mouth with a silky fabric and dragged you down the stares towards the storage room. "What is happening!?!"