01

{didn't proof read)

Jaedens POV

I woke up to banging on the door and my mom yelling, "Jaeden! Get up! You have 25 minutes until we have to leave!" I groan and roll over, covering my head and ears with my pillow.

Today was the day I was being forced to going to summer camp. I peek my head out and look at my clock. 6:27 AM. I roll my eyes and groan again.

"Jaeden Wesley lieberher! Are you up?" I hear my mom yelling, slightly muffled by the pillow. "Yes" I croak rolling out of bed.

I grab some clothes and make my way to the bathroom, undressing and turning the water on. I step in and shower fast, wanting to get this day over with as fast as possible.

I was going to be staying at the camp all summer. 3 1/2 months. I sigh and let the steaming water flow easily down my body.

I finish showering and hop out, drying off and pulling on my clothes. I then brush my hair and slump back into my room.

I open my sock drawer and the dresser shakes a little. Causing the camp pamphlet to fall. I bend down and pick it up, it reads:

Do you need something to do for the
Summer? Camp Forest is the place for you. Fun activities and easy freedom

I drop it back on the floor and kick it. Dumb camp. My mom was making me go. She said something about making friends. Yeah right. We moved here last year and I had managed to only make 2 friends.

The two friends I had made were Logan and Jake, jocks. I played soccer and we had become friends easily. They were quite popular though so we barely hung out outside of school.

"Jaeden! 12 minutes!" My mom screeches. I grab a pair of socks and slip them on, along with my shoes. Then I grab my suitcase and lead it downstairs. "Look who's ready early! Excited?" My mom says, smiling cheerfully. I fake smile and set my suitcase in front of the door.

"I know you're not too happy about this, but you need more friends. Those two boys you hang out with are bad influences" My mom tells me. "Mom they're not bad influences-" I tell her, intending to chew her out. "I've seen them smoking Jaeden! If I ever catch you smoking-"

"Mom. I don't smoke. I promise" I hug her and grab my things, walking to the car. I sigh for what felt like the 100th time and hop in the car, pulling my things in after me. 'This is going to be horrible' I thought. I swallowed trying to get the lump in my throat to go down.

I was so mad I felt like crying. How could they just force me to go to some dumb camp with dumb people I don't even know. They didn't even ask me. I ball my hands into a fist and focus on my breathing, trying to calm myself down

My mom opens the front door and slide into the drivers seat. She turns and looks back at me, smiling. I just turn and look out the window. I may be calming myself down, but that doesn't mean I forgive her.

The drive is 3 hours so I put in earbuds and listen to music the entire ride. At some point I drifted off into an easy sleep.

——
"Jaeden, baby, wake up. We're here!" my mom yells. I stir, sitting up. Man, being a light sleeper really has its disadvantages sometimes.

I grab my things and hop out. "Bye baby I lov-" My mom starts but I shut the door and wave. She drives off and someone, who I assume, is a camp counselor comes up to me. "Hi, please sign in over there" she tells me, pointing to a little booth.