023

Okay. Last chapter. First I just wanted to say. Thank you guys SO much for reading. It means the literal world to me. Thank you guys for voting and commenting and making me feel like this book is important to you guys. I appreciate literally everything you guys have done. Thank you for 7k btw. ❣️❣️

Now onto the story, get Reddie.

-

Jeremy was right, his mom did in fact, come very early. However that didn't stop the losers from saying goodbye. Tears were on the brink of falling but they held it in. "We love you jer" Finn reminded him as jermey waved goodbye, getting into his moms car.

The morning was chilly. It was as if summer had already gone. It always did that though, so Wyatt came prepared with a jacket. He had it wrapped around Jaeden so he wouldn't get cold.

The next to leave was finn. Finn had told jack that his mom didn't know they were dating or that he was gay. So jack walked him to his car, ignoring the urge to grab his hand.

They got to the car and Finn hugged jack. He pulled away and rubbed jacks hand quickly so his mom wouldn't see. He just couldn't do it though, looking at jack have a frown on his face.

He grabbed his cheek and pulled him in for a passionate kiss, not caring that his mom was in the car, right  next to them.

His mom squealed as finn continued on, finally pulling away. seeing jack having a smile on his face making him never want to leave. "I love you, okay? I promise I'll see you this summer" finn says. "Oh!" Jack says, jumping, pulling out a sharpie. "Just in case you forgot" he says, writing his number and address down. "Don't be a stranger, loverboy"

Finn smiled at his adorable boyfriend, hugging him one more time before getting in the car. His mom immediately questioning his hair and such, not even caring that Finn had just made out with his boyfriend. He waved until the car went out of sight.

Jack stood there glumly, his lips still tingly from the kiss. "Cmon jack" Chosen said, walking him back to the group.

They all sat there, in their 15 and 16 year old body's, feeling more love for other people than they ever would again.

Next to leave was Jack, his mom engulfed him in a hug, as jack started blabbering, telling her all about Finn. It had been a while since jack had talked that crazily. They thought he had outgrown it. Turns out, he just needed someone special to talk about to start it again.

He waved goodbye, them doing the same as he got in the car with his mom, still talking.

The three that were left at the lake the night before were left again. They all smiled at each other. Jaeden saw his car coming through so he hugged Chosen. "I love you, kid" Chosen says, hugging back. "Love you too, dad" Jaeden joked. Wyatt was next and they hugged. "I'm not supposed to care about people, but you guys are fucking great" Chosen laughed.

Jaedens mom had already known Wyatt was coming and was dating Jaeden, due to Jaeden writing. So when she pulled up, she just smiled, welcoming them in the car. Jaeden waved goodbye to chosen. Wyatt stood there another second, "maybe our family's not giving a shit and sending both of us here every summer wasn't so bag" Wyatt shrugged, waving goodbye.

Chosen nodded, a faint smile playing on his lips. Wyatt got in the car after Jaeden. Jaeden smiled at him, taking his hand. "Mom this is Wyatt. My boyfriend" Jaeden says, gesturing towards Wyatt. "Hi Mrs. Lieberher" Wyatt replies, feeling so much gratitude for his boyfriend and his mom.

"Hey, Wyatt" she says, smiling. They told stories about camp and talked about their amazing friends most of the ride, before falling asleep. jaedens head on Wyatt's shoulder, Wyatt's head leaned against the window.

-

When they got home, Jaeden gave him a tour, showing him everywhere, and finally, his room. Jaedens mom had bought Wyatt a bed, but the two had put the beds together; making one big bed.

They unpacked, Jaeden making room in half of his dresser and closet for Wyatt.

After they were done, they layed in the bed, hands interlaced.

-
Jaedens mom had gone through some legal stuff to be a temporary legal guardian for Wyatt. Just to be able to enroll him in a school closer to jaedens house, the school Jaeden went to.

They ate dinner that night, smiles on their faces. The summer not yet fading from their minds.

Then they slept that night. Jaedens mind playing on the thought of "we always have next summer"

Next summer..

(You guys aren't ready for the next book..