27. Careful

Harry's Point of View

"So do you want to come inside?" I asked Louis awkwardly after he hugged me. I was smiling ear to ear right now, even though I knew I probably shouldn't be. Louis was probably too drunk to be serious about what he was saying, and this might all be a joke in the morning. But it just felt too good not to smile, not let myself take in his presence, to melt into his warm embrace.

"Yeah, ok," Louis replied, following me inside. The flat was kind of filthy, partially because Chris never did his laundry, and partially because in my depressed state, I had pretty much stopped going outside and left half eaten bowls of dollar ramen all around the house.

"Sorry about the mess," I said, clearing clothes off of the couch so Lou could sit. "It's okay. I'm a mess, you're a mess. It's a messy thing, you and me," Lou replied giggling.

Oh dear god he was testing my limits. Even on his worst days, Lou still managed to look amazing. His hair was all messed up and falling into his eyes, which were red and puffy, and he had nearly a beard now. He looked somber and serious, damaged even. But he was still so incredibly sexy to me.

"You're a silly drunk," I said, taking a seat next to him. I kept my distance, leaving a few inches between us so I wouldn't be tempted to touch him. Louis wasn't in the proper state to make decisions about intimacy right now, and as bad as I wanted it, I didn't want it to happen like this.

"Yeah, that's what I've heard, but you know I hardly ever get drunk," Louis said with a laugh, kicking his feet up on the coffee table.

"Why's that? You weren't even that drunk when we first met. Just tipsy," I said, recalling that perfect night that we locked eyes on the dance floor and my world changed in an instant.

"Calories," Louis said, shrugging. He stretched his arms out too, leaning back into the couch and yawning. He let out a little Yelp sound when he yawned - like a kitten or something. It was adorable.

"Calories?" I asked, a bit confused. I never really thought about calories when I was drinking. Or eating really. I had definitely been eating a lot less since Louis and I stopped talking, but I never really thought about the nutrition behind all of that. It sort of just happened.

"Yeah, like alcohol is empty Calories. I don't want to have too much and get fat, ya know?" He said with a frown.

I nodded, slowly, looking at him carefully. "Well, I'm sure you know you don't need to worry about calories, Lou. You're in great shape," I responded. I wasn't trying to be a flirt, I was just spitting facts.

"Not really. Apparently I'm using smoking to suppress my appetite. I lost a lot of weight since we stopped hanging out. Just stress though, or maybe something deeper," Louis said, struggling with the words a bit as he formed the sentences.

I frowned. I had been struggling too since our split, but that was my business. I had never meant to cause Louis any serious pain. I knew he said it had been hard to get over me, but I didn't know he had let his health go.... now I was starting to feel responsible.

"Yeah, I noticed when I hugged you, Louis. Are you okay? I'm sorry this happened," I said. But I sort of felt like a jackass when I said it. I should've said I was sorry for being a god damn liar, sorry for causing you so much pain. That was the truth, anyways.

"It's okay. Like. I've had this issue for a while. It's Gucci," Louis said, grabbing a pair of reading glasses off of the coffee table and putting them on his face. He stuck his tongue out at me, and I tried not to think about what that tongue would feel like against mine....

"Hey, Lou. I haven't eaten. I was gonna order takeout. Do you want something?" I asked. I hardly got hungry these days, but when I did it hit me like a truck. Now was one of those times.

Louis looked at me through the reading glasses with squinty eyes, and I tried not to laugh. "Ummm..." he shrugged. And that's when I realized how wildly inappropriate it was to ask him if he wanted something to eat right after he just told me he had issues eating.

"Well, I think it would help sober you up, yeah?" I said, trying to encourage him. "Do you want pizza or curry?" Louis removed the glasses, and then jumped backwards onto the couch. "Hmm... well drunk Louis loves pizza but sober Louis hates it," he replied lazily, slurring his speech a bit.

I giggled. He was so damn cute when he was drunk. But at the same time, I knew his health was a serious situation and that we would have to address this issue later on when he was sober.

"Okay, well drunk Louis is the one who's here now. So let's go with pizza," I said, looking up a menu on my phone. "What toppings do you fancy?" I asked. Louis' eyes lit up and now he was trotting around the room excitedly, nearly tripping on the coffee table.

"Ham and pineapple, duh," he yelled. "Where's the loo? I have so much piss!" I laughed, pointing over my shoulder to the corridor where the bathroom was. Louis started to jog there, and I followed after him to make sure he didn't go the wrong way and end up in Chris' room, who I could attest to the fact that he could be found masturbating 40% of the time he was home.

"Okay, you found it. Perfect. In you go," I said, as I watched him jog into the bathroom in a panic. While I waited, I picked up the phone and called the pizza place to put in my order.

"Oh my god, Harry! You have no toilet paper," Louis called a few minutes later. Yeah... about that. Chris and I weren't really about grocery shopping. We usually got creative when it came to toilet paper — like using chipotle napkins or paper towels.

"One sec," I said, grabbing some napkins off the counter. I turned back towards the bathroom to give them to Lou, but he was now next to me, his pants and underwear around his ankles and his dick completely out.

"Ahhhh!" I yelled, jumping back. "Louis you're naked. What the fuck?" Louis was laughing and saying something incoherent, running towards me like a madman. I pointed to the napkins, inching away. "Here's some napkins. We're out of toilet paper," I told him, shielding my eyes and giggling. This is not how I anticipated seeing his dick for the first time.

Louis grabbed the napkins and jogged back to the bathroom. How he didn't fall flat on his face, I'm not too sure. But I did catch a glimpse of his round little ass as he made his way down the corridor.

I shook my head and began to clean up the counter a bit. I felt dirty, but I kinda liked it.