Chapter 3

Bens POV

"Jeff!" I called, sitting up quickly. I had just woken up, a nightmare still repeating in my brain. I sighed, wiping the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand and looked around. I was in my room, and I'm sure Jeff was still in his. I stared at my comforter as I ran through the dream in my head.

—————

I opened my eyes to see pitch black nothingness, I was standing in a corner of a room from my surroundings. It wasn't long before a bright light entered the room, illuminating everything except the furthest corners.

I was horrified to see Jeff tied down to a wooden chair, restrained. A man was standing at the base of a staircase, a small grin plastered across his face as he looked at his captive.

"What are you going to do with me, old man?" Jeff growled, sending a shiver down my spine.

"You'll see," The man said, grinning wider as he approached. He pulled something out from behind his back, a pocket knife. He began outlining the smile carved into Jeff's face, bringing the knife closer and close until it began piercing him.

"No!" I called out, running to stop him, but my hands passed through the man's body like I was a ghost.

The man was torturing Jeff in front of my eyes as I sat there, unable to do anything but watch as he cut into Jeff's arms, legs, and even turning him around in the chair and whipping him with a horse whip, leaving long welts down his back. Each noise of pain Jeff was making was slowly driving me insane, but no matter how loud I screamed it didn't stop; I didn't wake up until the man went back upstairs and shut off the lights.

——————

I shuddered, standing up and walking out of my room and knocking on Jeff's door.

"Jeff?" I called quietly, knocking again with no response. I opened the door and saw he wasn't in his room, the magazines I threw at him the day before spread out on the floor, some turned open to a page. I sighed, exiting the room and heading downstairs. I assume Jeff was around the house somewhere or outside walking Smile Dog.

I ruled out the walk idea when I saw Smile laying by the front door, leash in his mouth as he waited for Jeff to come let him out. I walked into the kitchen where Masky and Hoodie were sharing a cheesecake.

"Has anyone seen Jeff?" I asked, rubbing my arm.

"Nope," Masky replied, Hoodie just giving me a silent shake of the head. I nodded before wandering around the house, looking for Jeff and asking around. But no one has seemed to have seen him, not even Smile.

My last resort was going to Slenderman. His office was on the top floor, so no one would bother him. I felt the wooden floorboards creak beneath my feet as I made my trek down the long hallway to the large door at the end.

I hesitantly knocked on it before the door opened, Slenderman doing paperwork on his desk.

"Yes? What is it, child?" He asked, not looking up from his papers.

"Do you know where Jeff is? I can't find him anywhere, and no one has seen him..." I asked, feeling nervous that the dream was real.

"You mean, he didn't come home last night?" Slenderman asked, looking up from his papers.

"No..." I shook my head, growing worried. "Was he supposed to?"

"Yes, I gave him clear instruction to, something must be wrong. We need to find him," Slenderman said, setting his pen down.

"Can't you, like, track him with your slender abilities?" I asked him shyly.

"No I cannot, my power does not reach far in the human world. This is a job that you were meant to take, my child."

"What?" I squeaked, taking a step back.

"You may not know it, but you are the closest one here to Jeffrey. I can tell that there is something inside you that knows where Jeffrey is. I'm sending you on this mission alone, please find him, Benjamin." Slenderman responded, using his tentacles to push me out to the door.

"No! Wait! How do I find hi-!" I was cut off by being shoved out into the hallway, the door closing behind me.

My nightmare is becoming a reality.

Who'd Have Thought? (BenxJeff)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara