Chapter 9

Jeff's POV

I woke up to a sleeping Ben in my arms, causing my white cheeks to glow a light shade of pink. He was still sleeping, his head laying on my arm as I spooned him. Instead of pushing him away, I pulled him closer and embraced him, trying to enjoy the lasting moment as much as possible.

Soon enough he shifted, blinking open his beautiful eyes and turning around in my arms to look up at me with a bright blush.

"Good morning," I said as he woke up, pushing a piece of blond hair from his face.

"What time is it?" Ben grunted, stretching before hesitantly burying his face into my chest.

"6:47." I turned slightly to take a peek at the clock on my nightstand, Ben nodded and pulled his face from my chest.

"I should get going before people start waking up." Ben patted my arm before sitting up and getting out of bed, I whined slightly as my warm spot left me. "Oh, don't be such a baby." Ben laughed before leaving my room. I heard his door close moments later and sighed, missing him already.

I sat up after about half an hour, getting out of bed and walking downstairs to get breakfast from the kitchen, hoping no one was in there yet. I never liked being in the kitchen with others, especially E.J. because he's always storing weird things in the fridge, like organs.

Masky and Hoodie were already awake, doing their thing in the dining room. I nodded a greeting as I passed, opening the fridge once I got to the kitchen and trying to ignore the human innards in jars as I dug around. I eventually pulled out some yogurt, shrugging and squeezing it out of the cup into my mouth rather than using a spoon.

This'll be sufficient enough... I thought after throwing the half empty cup into the trash, I wandered into the living room where Ben was now awake and playing video games on the TV. I plopped into the seat beside him on the couch and watched, not really paying much mind.

"Jeff, can I talk to you later?" Ben asked, seeming slightly nervous. I nodded and continued to watch him play.

"Meet me in my room after lunch, then," Ben said right after.

"Okay." I nodded yet again, propping my elbow up on the arm of the couch and resting the side of my face in my palm as I watched Ben play Majora's Mask.

——————

Soon enough, lunch time came and went, and I was sitting in Ben's room waiting for him.

Ben came through the door moments after, a slight blush dusting his cheeks as he sat down next to me on his bed. He seemed to contemplate something as he fidgeted with his hands for a few moments before speaking.

"I had something to ask you..." Ben stuttered out, glancing away from me.

"Go ahead." I nodded, encouraging him.

"What are we?" Ben blurted suddenly, catching me by surprise. I hadn't really thought about that, I guess I assumed we were friends with benefits, I suppose. "Like... do you like me?"

"I don't really know... But I do like you." I tilted my head slightly as I thought. "What would you like us to be?"

"Boyfriends, maybe..." Ben was blushing brightly now, causing me to chuckle.

"I think that's a fantastic idea," I said, he snapped his head up to look at me after I said that.

"Really?" Ben's eyes lit up as I nodded, he quickly threw his arms around my neck and hugged me tightly, making me smile more, if possible, and hug him back.

"Can we go on a date sometime?" Ben asked shyly, pulling back to look me in the face.

"Yeah," I said, nodding, "we could go take a walk in the woods, or go killing together, or go to the park at night."

Ben smiled at the suggestions, nodding. I loved seeing him smile, it was like an angel came down from heaven and blessed his gorgeous face.

"How about tonight, me and you go out to my favorite spot in the woods." I suggest, squeezing him gently. "We can go killing once I heal up from last time."

"That sounds like fun." Ben nodded quickly, resting his head on my shoulder.