Chapter 10

Ben's POV

I blush slightly as I get ready for me and Jeff's "date night". He said he was taking me to his favorite place in the woods, which I didn't really know where that was but I decided to just go with it.

I brushed my hair over one last time before smoothing any wrinkles out of my shirt and leaving to find Jeff. He told me to meet him in the living room, which is where I found him sitting.

"Ready to go?" Jeff asked, and I nodded. He stood up and grabbed my hand, leading me out the door and into the woods.

I didn't ask where we were going, since I knew Jeff wouldn't tell me. I just walked along with him, looking around at the familiar foliage. We eventually came out into a large opening, half of it was field while there was a small lake smack dab in the middle of it.

"Wow..." I said in awe, everything looked perfect. The moon was full, reflecting off the water in a pretty glow. The grass was a soft green, contrasting nicely to the dark water of the lake. There was a white pavilion in the middle of the water, a small dock leading to it. The wood of it creaked beneath my feet as me and Jeff walked to the pavilion, it didn't worry me that much though. I knew if I fell Jeff would be there to catch me.

We reached the center, and I leaned over the edge of the rail to marvel at it all. I felt Jeff stand behind me as I watched fireflies start to light up the night while crickets chirped softly in the distance. Everything felt like it was out of a movie.

I eventually turned around to face Jeff with a happy smile, looking up at him because of our height distance. I felt his arms close around me and pull me into his chest.

"Thank you for taking me here," I mumbled into his chest, I felt him chuckle and I pulled back to look up at him.

"You're welcome." Jeff pushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear before resting his hand against my cheek, looking me in the eyes with something I couldn't place just then.

I lean into his touch, placing a hand over his on my cheek as I stared back up at him. Everything just then seemed perfect, the crickets weren't too loud, the fireflies weren't overwhelming, and all was silent throughout the forest as we stood in the pavilion.

The moment seemed like forever, but it went by too fast for my liking. We had walked off the deck to sit in the grass. Jeff laid back in it, looking up at me as I sat Indian style beside him.

"How do you think the others would react?" I suddenly sighed, going into thought.

"Who cares? All I care about is you, I want to be with you, Ben." Jeff took my hand, pulling me down into him. I laughed softly, cuddling into his side as we watched the stars.

"Jeff?" I look up at him, tapping his chest.

"Hmm?"

"Can you sing for me?" I asked, a little embarrassed.

"Definitely." I felt him laugh. I got comfortable and let my eyelids flutter shut before he started.

I could feel the vibrations of his chest as he sang, putting me at ease immediately. He was a really good singer. I felt myself drift off before I could help it, feeling extremely content with myself.