Chapter 22

sorry i haven't been writing much uwu ily guys!! thank you so much for 5k reads, i almost shit myself when i saw how many there were. i never thought i'd get that many, seriously guys thanks!!! (video above is one of my favorite songs, doesn't have relevance to the chapter just thought i'd share it with y'all)

Jeff's POV

I made my way home slowly. Jane's blood splattered on my shirt and drying onto the knife that's being held loosely in my hands.

It started raining halfway through my walk, which was somewhat calming. But rain is only nice when you're not getting wet, unfortunately.

I pushed open the big wood door, pulling off my hoodie and leaving my black t-shirt on underneath the second I set my knife down and dumped the hoodie in my laundry bin. I didn't want to be near anything that has something to do with Jane.

I carelessly threw my knife in my bathroom sink, deciding to clean it later. I just wanted to see Ben right now.

I headed downstairs, walking through the living room to get to the room Ben was in. Jack was already in there by the time I went in, doing some nerd thing at the desk.

"Welcome back." He said nonchalantly, not looking up from his book.

I grunt in response, taking my seat next to Ben and picking up his cold hand with both of mine. I sigh gently, moving a few pieces of hair from his face.

I rested my head against his hand, remembering all the good times we've had. I remembered the kisses, the cuddles, the killing, the sex.

I just want my baby back.

Ben's POV

I opened my eyes, still frustrated to see all white. Sitting up, I look around.

I decide I'll try to get out again. And with that, I stood up and started walking.

"Ben..." I stop in my tracks when I heard my name being called. I look around, but no one's there.

"I'm so sorry... This is all my fault. I should've never believed that stupid photo was legitimate." I recognized the voice as Jeff's.

"Jeff?" I called out, my heart racing as I began running.

"I miss you so much. I miss making you laugh, and seeing your cute face next to me while we're cuddling..." I keep running, but Jeff's voice is surrounding me. I can't tell which direction it's coming from.

"I love you, Ben. Please wake up, I'm sorry." I keep looking around before spotting a black dot. I run towards it, and it only gets bigger the closer I get and I see it's a hole. Jeff's word's swarm my head as I throw myself through the mass, blacking out instantly.

Jeff's POV

I rested my head against Ben's mattress with my eyes shut. I'm not tired, but I just want to lay with Ben.

I rub my thumb gently against the smooth skin of Ben's hands, the act soothing myself. It was not only till I felt my hand being squeezed did my eyes shoot open and I instantly sit upright in my chair.

I look down to see Ben's eyes slightly open, looking over at me.

"Jack! Ben's awake!" I alert, holding Ben's hand more tightly now.

"Ben..." I look down at him. "I'm so sorry, Jane set you up. I should've never believed that photo that she took. I took care of her though, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, I could hear what you said while I was out." Ben smiled weakly. "I love you, too."

At that moment I didn't care that Jack was right there, I stood up and kissed Ben on the lips for the first time in, what felt like, forever.

Ben kissed back passionately, lifting one hand up to my face and pulling the other one around my neck as best he could.

For a moment all I knew was Ben. We were in our own little world and nothing else mattered. It was just us.

Jack cleared his throat, which brought us back to reality, unfortunately.

"I have to check him, so scram." Jack said in an annoyed and impatient tone.

"He can't stay?" Ben looked over at Jack with pleading eyes.

"He can, but only if you two can keep your hands off each other." Jack grabbed what he needed, bringing it over to Ben and replacing bandages and checking a few other things.

I just watched, my heart feeling happier than it's been in a long time.