Chapter 13

Ben's P.O.V

My thoughts raced a thousand miles a second as Jane stomped over to us, grabbed me by my shirt collar, threw me off Jeff, and proceeded to yell at him.

"What the hell! I thought you loved me! And I come back to see you doing shit like that with a faggot?" Jane shrieked, a fire in her eyes.

"Lay off, you crazy bitch. We broke up months ago, maybe if you didn't have a brain the size of a walnut you'd remember." Jeff glared, standing up to tower over her.

"At least I'm not gay! Being gay is wrong!" Jane cowered a bit, taking a small step backwards. Jeff looked like he wanted to strangle her.

Before he could act on his instincts, Slenderman interrupted.

"Jane, leave." Slenderman demanded.

"Why should I listen to you." Jane demanded, what a mistake she's made.

"Your behavior is completely unacceptable. I suggest you leave and don't think about coming back." Slenderman responded. Slowly, a static sound began playing, causing everyone in the room to desperately cover their ears.

I screwed my eyes shut, still on the floor from where Jane threw me. Who knew she was that strong.

In a matter of seconds, Jane was scrambling out the front door, not wanting to spend any more time in the static ridden house.

The sound disappeared once she left, allowing me to drop my hands from the side of my head. I felt myself being lifted, and quickly realized it was Jeff picking me up.

"Let's go to my room, yeah?" Jeff suggested. With a confirming nod from me, he carried me up the steps and to his bedroom.

———

The news that Jeff and I were together spread like wildfire through the mansion. Luckily, everyone was accepting. I don't know if that was their true nature or from the fear of Slenderman's wrath and what happened with Jane.

Currently, I was with Jeff in bed, slowly outlining the cuts in his cheeks with my finger as we sleepily laid there.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" Jeff told me, causing me to blush bright pink.

Jeff moved his hand to caress my cheek, rubbing his thumb gently across my skin, causing shivers to run down my spine.

"Jane won't be back, will she?" I asked out of no where, suddenly worried.

"Of course not, she'd have to get through Slenderman first." Jeff chuckled, kissing my forehead. I grinned, leaning further into him and tucking my head in the crook of his neck.

I felt safe there, comforted by my favorite person and the sickly sweet smell of blood and burnt hair.

"Can you sing to me?" I asked Jeff, looking up at him hopefully.

Jeff nodded, smiling softly before he started singing to me.

His voice was rich, and slightly raspy. But I didn't mind, it was perfect either way. Jeff never stumbled over his words, the song coming together perfectly the longer he sang it.

I didn't recognize the song, but it still sounded beautiful and sweet, and I loved it.

I closed my eyes, letting the lyrics surround me and make me feel drowsy.

I, sadly, fell asleep before the song finished. I'd have to ask Jeff to sing it to me again sometime.

Sorry for the short chapter, if you couldn't tell I'm kinda having a writers block at the momento