Chapter 19

Ben's POV

The silence of the forest calmed me as I walking into the clearing, heading for the gazebo on the lake before I can change my mind. All my memories that I had here with Jeff started flashing through my head, silent blood tears slipping down my face further.

I sat myself up on the railing, staring down at the water. It looked a lot more murky and uninviting unlike its previous mood when I was with Jeff, where it was shimmering water.

I take my sword off, setting it on the wood floor before taking my last breath and letting myself slip into the cold water after much hesitation. I properly smacked my head hard against a support beam on my way out, almost fully knocking myself out, but not quite.

I didn't try to struggle once I was fully emerged, I just let go, gave up.

It was so peaceful. I could barely hear anything, other than my heartbeat. I finally felt calm, like all my problems would be solved. I felt empty, and that was a relief to not feel the pain anymore.

It hurt when water started going into my lungs and I began running out of breath. But it's fine.

——
Jeff's POV

I run faster than I ever had in my life, following after Smile who was sniffing Ben out for me. We eventually turn up to the clearing where we had our first date and our first time, which made my heart ache.

I run onto the gazebo, seeing his sword on the floor of it. I look over the railing to see his body slowly sinking to the bottom of the lake.

I quickly jump over the rail, grabbing onto Ben and pulling him up to the surface. I dragged him to the shore, giving him mouth-to-mouth until he coughed up a bunch of water.

He cracked his eyes open, staring up at me before going unconscious again. I picked him up bridal style, carrying him home.

"Jeff! What happened?" Clockwork asked, causing everyone to look over. I sighed and looked at the ground.

"He tried... he tried drowning himself," I say quietly, the tension in the room was thick. I stood there a moment longer before carrying him down to the basement where Jack had all his medical stuff.

"Attempted drowning?" Jack walked over, taking Ben out of my arms and carrying him to a hospital bed.

"I know you've undressed him before, change him for me." Jack threw some white clothes at me, a t-shirt and shorts.

I blushed slightly and scoffed before walking over and changing Ben. Seeing all the cuts and scars across his arms shocked me. Jack noticed and walked over.

"Looks like this is deeper than we thought." Jack said, inspecting the cuts. "Heh, no pun intended."

"Shut up already." I sighed and tried not to look at them as I changed them into the new clothes. I found more on his thighs and his other arm. It pained me to know I was the cause of it.

"Shoo." Jack shoved me out of the room, making me growl slightly from my separation with Ben.

But nonetheless, I left him alone. I sighed nervously, pacing around as I waited.

I headed into his room, seeing it pretty much empty. The note on his nightstand stuck out to me, though.

Seeing the gun and the note made me want to throw up. I didn't even read it before tossing it in the waste bin.

——
Ben's POV

I opened my eyes, seeing all white around me. I looked around, not really sure what's going on.

Where am I? I walked around some. The only other color other than white was me, myself, and my shadow.

I sighed, sitting down on the ground to think. All I remember before I passed out was someone grabbing me roughly.

My eyes widened when I realized it was Jeff who had found me.

He still cares... My eyes welled with tears. I began crying into my hands in joy. Even though Jeff hurt me the most, he still cared about me.

I shot my head up, looking around. I have to get out of here and see Jeff again, I have to.

I can't be dead, Jeff saved me. I'm unconscious. I concluded. I stood up and began walking in one direction, hoping the white will end soon.

Yo what is up my home slices.

So i reread the book, and it's actually pretty good??? like i thought it was bad and cringy but it really wasn't??

so i fixed any grammar mistakes and phrases (i didn't change anything drastic don't worry fellas) and i actually am pretty proud of this.

thank you guys for everything so far, expect lots more chapters !!