chapter 35: good times

We walked along the wet stoned pave way that was shinning from the lights in the house. The closer we approached it the more intoxicatingly beautiful it looked.  Part of it was made of stone and others were panel. There were windows all over in the front but each window was differently designed. I could see people walking about the house through the windows. There were a lot of girls here.

We reached the doors and Jake did a quick two knocks. Not even two seconds later a butler came to the door and opened in wide for us.

“Good evening, mater Jake. We have been awaiting your arrival, please make yourself welcome if you need anything at all just call.” He smiled and did a slight bow while turning to leave.

“Wait” Jake yelled.

“Yes master Jake.” The butler quickly stood in front of us again.

“You told me to call you, but you didn’t give me a name?” He said with humor and I smiled.

“Oh, right sorry, my name is Jaden.” He bowed again and then looked at me.

“This is Heather, my mate.” He said with authority and took a step closer to me.

“Yes of course, pleasure to meet you.” He glanced at me then speedily left.

“Well that was awkward.” I mumbled.

Jake took my hand and guided me through an archway that passed the stairs and led to a hallway on the right. It was wide about 30 feet and about 30 feet tall. It was all stone and ceramic as if it was pulled from an ancient time. There were chandeliers lining the ceiling and candlesticks lighting them: very old fashioned.  It confused me that there was so much history in this house, when from the outside it looked very modern.

I narrowed in on the portraits that we passed, woman, men, and children. These portraits were incredibly painted and dated but I was too far away to see the dates.

“Ah Jake it has been awhile.” A man, excuse me an absolutely gorgeous man walked through the middle door of the hall way and strode towards us. I swear my heart just stopped right there.

His hair was blonde and scattered in different directions making him look unique. His eyebrow was pierced and his skin was a little pale against his deep blue sweater. His smile was impeccable and jawbone was strong and stood out. I shut my mouth to keep from the for sure drool that was about to come out.

“Too long, unfortunately tonight isn’t just a normal visit, I need your help.” Jake looked at me then back at his friend.

“Ah, I ‘am presuming you found your mate?” His voice was deep but had a hint of interest in it.

“Yeah, this is Heather.” He looked at me and motioned to his friend. “This is my best friend Drake.”

I locked eyes with Drake and felt a bit fuzzy in the head. He moved his hand and gently lifted mine to his lips when he then kissed it.

“Pleasure to meet you, heather.” His voice vibrated through my ribs and I shuttered.

“Nice to meet you to.” I mumbled and dropped my hand but kept eye contact with him.

“Alright Drake, give her a break her heart may explode.” Jake laughed but gave me a look that read traitor.

I blushed and looked down at my feet. I guess my heart was racing a bit while my hand was in his. Jake will probably be mad at me for awhile for that. How could I admire his best friend in front of him? Geeze I’m an idiot.