Chapter 4: Unexpected Revelations

Red and Casey walked into the room and shut the door behind them. They spoke in normal voices to one another indicating they thought nobody was around. It was difficult to hear exactly what was being said through the door of the cupboard. Luckily it seemed they didn't expect us to be here.

"I can't believe you lost the kids! I told you to lock the door!"

"I did. I'm sure I did."

"Nonsense, there's no other way to escape the basement besides the tunnel. It was dark in the basement, they couldn't have found it, and even if they did they would be here because they can't get out the door."

"Look Red, forget about the kids, you got what you wanted and we got away. It's over now right? I did the job, where's my money?"

I could clearly hear this as it seemed Casey was getting angry.

"I paid you last night! What are you talking about?"

"That was only half! I want the rest. I never wanted that Principal and that kid to get shot. You told me it was just a threat."

It seemed as if the two were now getting very aggressive and we heard Red's German voice shout again

"Now you clear out! You wanted the job, I never said nobody wouldn't get hurt did I? I paid you your money. Now get lost!"

It seemed as though Casey tackled Red and he fell back on the sofa in which Emily, Natalie and Charlie were hiding. Natalie let out a gasp of fright and covered her mouth. But it was too late. Red's sharp ears caught the sound and in a flash he was behind the sofa roughly pulling Natalie to her feet. The others stood up too.

"So you did find the tunnel. Smart kids you are, though it's a pity I'll have to shoot you now for interfering. You already know too much." Red threatened.

"You said you weren't going to shoot anyone Red. You said so." Casey exclaimed.

"Oh would you quit your whining, I paid you more than enough money to keep you happy and you still want more and now YOU'RE telling ME what to do?" Red barked. He suddenly looked around and behind the sofa again.

"Hey wait a minute!" he yelled. "We tied up five of them. There's only three here. Where are the others?"

Natalie, Emily and Charlie stayed silent. Even if they were taken away at least Sam and I could go for help. We knew this place must mean something to Red so it could have clues in it. Red raised his voice more "WHERE ARE THE OTHER TWO?" he roared. The three still stayed silent and didn't look as though they were going to give anything away.

"You just made a BIG mistake. If I find them here somebody is going to pay." Red stepped away from them and began looking around the room. He looked under the big desk and behind the bookcase, until finally his eyes landed on the cupboard. Casey looked uncomfortable. Red strode over to the cupboard, we crouched down low though it wasn't much use, there was nowhere to hide. There were only a few large overcoats and a briefcase in the cupboard. He flung open the doors and dragged us both out to join the others.

"Now I'm going to let YOU pick which one to kill Casey. It's only fair after you ever so rudely punched me before. Go on, take your pick. I'm going to lock up the other four to starve anyway. At least the one you pick will have a nice quick death. One bullet and it's over. So which will it be Casey?" Casey was very uncomfortable at this point. At least from what I had heard it seemed Casey didn't want to hurt anyone and really didn't seem to want to be working with Red in the first place.

"Well hurry up I haven't got all day. Those cops are going to be raiding the school soon anyway."

Casey still didn't choose anyone.