Chapter 15: Revenge

I raised the gun and aimed it at Red's head. I knew if I didn't kill him or at least hurt him enough so he couldn't hurt us, he would kill us all. I hesitated for a second trying to psych myself up that I was about to do this. And that hesitation was the worst decision I could have made. In the few seconds I paused, Red made a lunge for Angel wimpering in the corner. She screamed as he grabbed her, before producing a knife which he held to her neck. "Drop it or I'll slice her neck!" Red yelled. I placed the gun on the ground slowly eyeing up how close Red had the knife on Angel's neck. "Hold still Angel. Don't move" I said to her. I was at a loss now. Casey was bleeding out. Casey groaned in pain holding his stomach. I took a step towards him to help. "Don't move!" Red yelled. I stopped. Red had Angel by the neck and I couldn't help either of them without being killed myself. I prayed the cops would somehow find us and rescue us but I knew it was pointless.

Angel was crying quietly and Red had an evil smile on his face. "Now Casey" He started. "Are you ready to watch your loved ones die? You shall then die knowing it was ALL your fault." He asked. Angel screamed and began to struggle. Red grabbed her more tightly and moved the knife around her shoulder blades making small cuts in the skin to show he was serious. Casey was watching this silently. "Come on Casey. Be polite. Answer my question." Red said in an annoyingly calm voice. He moved the knife back to Angel's neck and as he did this Casey picked himself up off the ground with all his strength, grabbed the gun and without hesitation, fired the gun into Red's skull. Red fell to the ground while Casey leaned against the wall panting, still holding his stomach. I breathed a sigh of relief it was over.

"Casey..." Angel started. We both looked at her and my heart stopped. She was holding her neck while blood poured out. She looked at us both before collapsing to the ground. I was by her side at once while Casey took a step towards her before groaning in pain and sinking to his knees.

He started to pass in and out of consciousness but told me "Save her. Save her first." I held Angels neck firmly trying to keep in all the blood I could. I dragged Red's body to me and felt his pockets seeing if he had our cell phones. I found them in his jeans pocket. With one hand holding Angel's neck and the other dialing for an ambulance. The operator told me to use my shirt to try and stop the bleeding and apply all the pressue I could. This little girl couldn't die like this.

I five minutes I heard sirens and paramedics came rushing down the stairs. Two of them went to Casey who then put him on a stretcher and hurried him to an ambulance while another two came to Angel. The put her on another stretcher and put her into another ambulance. I jumped in with her calling my Dad then Lauren telling her to get to the hospital now!

We sped through the streets and in a few minutes pulled up outside the hospital. The paramedics rushed Angel into surgery and as I followed, I ran into my Dad before breaking down in tears. I didn't know if Casey or Angel would survive. Lauren and I hugged each other and cried in the waiting room, waiting for any news.

My Dad's phone rung so he answered it. "Hello, Oliver Andrews speaking." He said. I looked at him, curious to know who it was. "What? You're kidding?! Oh my gosh, I'll be right there!" He hung up and looked at me smiling.

"Your Mum is awake. The doctors are so surprised. They did scans this morning to check how she was doing and it was as though her body just healed. The decided to take her out of the coma and she what happened and she woke up. She's even talking to them right now!" Dad said.

I looked at Lauren, I didn't want to leave her alone while both her children were in surgery. "Go." She said. "I'll call you if anything happens." I nodded saying I'll be back soon and walked down the hallway with Dad.

He looked as though a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. We entered the room and there was my Mum. Sitting up, sipping water and speaking to a nurse. She looked up and smiled happily as we entered. We both hugged her and found she didn't have any injuries associated with major blood loss at all. Aside from the stab wound itself she was okay.

She asked what had happened and we told her Angel and Casey were both in surgery right now. She then asked how Lauren was doing and told me to go back and wait with Lauren and give her Mum's love. I nodded saying I'll be back as soon as I heard anything before walking back towards the surgery waiting room. I walked in and sat back down next to Lauren telling her Mum was alright. She gave a small smile and said that's great.

We leaned against each other for a while. Who knew how long the surgeries would take. After another hour and a half, a doctor came out and walked over to us. "Mrs Braxton?" The surgeon asked. Lauren nodded. "Casey is out of surgery, he needed a blood transfusion but we are confident he is going to be okay and make a full recovery." Lauren sighed in relief.

"However, Mrs Braxton. I'm terribly sorry, we did everything we could but with the amount of blood lost, I'm afraid we were too late to be able to save Angel. Again, I'm very very sorry. We did everything we could."

A/N:

I'm soooo mean! :'( 

I was so sad while writing this part, but Angel is now an angel. I hadn't planned for Angel to be killed when I created her character but once I planned this chapter I thought it fit.

There will be 5 more chapters in this book, then perhaps a bonus chapter. Once I finish this book, I'm going to go back and edit it because I know there are so many plot holes, but as this is the first story I'm actually near to finishing, I just want to complete the story and THEN go back to make it better! 

Chapter 16 coming soon.