Chapter Eight: Sisters By Fate, Friends By Choice

A/N: Hello, I'm finally updating! Took me some time but the longer it takes the better the chapters get(?) Idk.. Well enjoy!! Don't forget to tell me what you think about the story do far 💓💓
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
Previously on The Invisible Sister:
Matthew and Rachel form a plan to get Stephanie back to her "normal ways". Austin is trying to finally make a move but Stephanie stops him and goes to Matthew. Does that means the plan worked?
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
The next day, Stephanie woke up, but her heavy eyelids prevented her from seeing anything. It took her a while but eventually she could open them. The sun was shining bright, and Stephanie held her aching head in her hand. "So this is how hungover is like...it feels like crap." Stephanie looked around, only then realizing that the room she was in wasn't her room, and that the bed she was sleeping in wasn't her bed.

She tried to breath in and out to sooth her nervouse heart beat, until she looked at the floor and saw Matthew sleeping soundly facing the bed. She calem down immediately and smiled in relief. "Waking up with a hungover in a room that is not your room is the scariest thing.."
Stephanie said quietly before getting out of the bed while trying to not wake up the sleeping Matthew.

She finally made it out of the bed, the feeling of the super tight black dress doesn't help with her headache at all. Stephanie went to his closet and took one quite big shirt that would cover enough of her boday and went to change in the bathroom. She was done with changing her clothes, but then she catches a glance at her reflection in the mirror that was over the sink.

She looked terrible! Black makeup all over her face, and lipstick that was smudged over her mouth. Her eyes winded at the horrible sight and so she washed her face quickly, hoping to take off most of the make up. She looked back at the mirror again, and luckily most of it was off so it didn't look as bad as before.

She walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen, hoping not to run into a family member of Matthew. "Stephanie? Where are you??" She heard Matthew shouting from the second floor. She wanted to answer, but his shouts made her head ache more than it already did, and so she just winced in pain and remained silent. "He'll find me eventually." She said to herself as she put water to boil so she can make herself a cup of coffee.

"Oh there you...are!" Matthew started saying when he entered the kitchen until he noticed what Stephanie was wearing. He felt like the world has stopped as he stared at her petite frame almost getting lost in his oversized T-shirt. But even though he felt like time stopped, it in fact didn't, and so Stephanie blushed under his focused gaze and then faked a cough to catch his attention.

"Don't talk so loud, my head is about to explode." Stephanie said quietly as she poured the boiled water into her mug. "Oh right,sorry. Umm steph...what are you going to do about Austin?" He asked quietly, and he could sense that she got stiff just from him asking that. "I-I don't know...I guess he wasn't the right one for me since the beginning." She tried to laugh it off, but matthew didn't buy one single laugh that came out of her mouth.

"You should always remember Stephanie, that you did nothing wrong. You might have not noticed, but he was trying to change you ever since you two started dating..." Matthew said as he came closer, making Stephanie go backwards until her lower back hit the counter. She looked up at his gaze. It was warm and caring, much different from Austin's gaze, who seems like he was always smirking or checking her out. No matter how much she tried to ignore it. It was still super weird to be stared down like this by Austin.

But then there's Matthew, who let his hand land on her shoulder as if showing support, and then slowly sliding it down until he reached her hand and held it. She liked that side of matthew, the supporting and caring side of him that never failed her. She felt so grateful for finding a friend like him.
Just a friend... Nothing more. Right?