Chapter 10: Epilogue

A/N: Hello fellow readers!! here I am, ending another great fanfic (or a terrible one, you pick). it was fun writing it, but I'm also very eager to write a new idea I'm working on, so I hope you'll find the last chapter satisfying enough. anyway, enjoy!!
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
Previously on The Invisible Sister:
Ironically, Matthew's bad date was actually the one to bring them together at last ♡
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
The next day, Stephanie and Matthew arrived together to school, holding hands and looking awfully close. that made the other students that were around to look at them to look at them in shock as if they did the impossible. For a change, Stephanie didn't mind The attention. All she cared about at this moment was that finally, after a very long time of being a total mess, she finally found happiness. 

She truly felt happy.

"Hey, guys!" Stephanie greeted once they arrived to stand next to their friends. "Hey, I guess you guys finally got together!" Morgan said happily as she gave the both of them a one-armed hug. Stephanie blushed at that, and Matthew looked down at the floor in what seemed like shyness. "finally you guys made up your minds! I swear to god, I was so close to just smashing your faces like: 'hey! you two should kiss!" Mark said and they laughed at that. they turned to look at each other, with what seemed like outer glee. Matthew never thought he would say it, but he finally found the one to make him feel happy and loved. 

he found her, and he found happiness along the way. 

but in all of this happiness, one person wasn't happy. In fact, he was quite furious. He watched the lovey-dovey couple from across the hall with eyes full of rage. she was his, she was nothing before he came along. if it wasn't for him people would continue passing by her without acknowledging her existence. People would be still confusing her with her sister, not even knowing that the popular girl even HAS a twin sister. 

The bell rang loudly, indicating at the beginning of the day. the group simultaneously groaned before going on their separate ways, planning on meeting at lunch. 
◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
lunchtime has arrived just in time for Stephanie to feel her tummy grumbling with the need for food. she packed her stuff, walking towards the cafeteria with anticipation When suddenly she felt a tight hold on her hand and then being pulled into a small closet.

"what the-" a single light bulb turned on, giving Stephanie the only information she needed. "Austin? what the heck is wrong with you?!" she asked in anger at the sudden turn of events. "are you kidding me, Stephanie? is this some sort of statement? are you trying to make me humiliate myself and say 'I'm sorry?' then fine, here you go, I'M SORRY. Now can you please stop seeing that pathetic excuse of a boyfriend and come back to me?" he asked in annoyance, and a hint of arrogance trailed around in his tone as if he's positive that Stephanie will drop to her knees and kiss his feet. 

But instead, Stephanie only let out a scoff and rolled her eyes. "I used to think you were smart Austin. I guess popularity is just like TV. mess with it too much, and you might just lose some brain cells in the process." Stephanie said with a wide smile, making Austin even more irritated.

"Anyway, if you didn't understand it until now, I'll tell you again. no,  I am not trying to make any statements, I do not want to humiliate you, and Matthew and I are actually dating, and in case you were wondering, it's not because we broke up and I need some rebound. just face it Austin, you just don't like the fact that you've been dumped." Stephanie said, being amused at how much he was frustrated because of her.

"I just don't get what's so amazing about him that you're willing to be with him instead of me." He said quietly as If he's embarrassed to even say it. "Hmm, let's think...how about...everything." She said in a sarcastic tone and he rolled his eyes. "Stephanie, don't you miss the feeling you had when you were with me? The feeling of being a princess?" He asked with a smile, hoping he could convince her. "Of course I remember. How you almost raped me when I was under the influence of alcohol with no ability to resist truly gave me the vibe of a princess!" Stephanie yelled, now not even slightly amused.

"Stephanie, you know I didn't mean that you know I was just playing around." He said in a joking matter, making Stephanie's fists clench in anger. "Huh...you know, you're so funny! I don't remember buying tickets to your show though... So maybe you should stop joking around and face reality, you little sh*t. You see, I don't take rape as lightly as you do, and I will not let you be like this to me, or to anyone else in this lifetime!" Stephanie suddenly shouted, and Austin almost shrunk into a ball right then and there. "You're an awful person Austin. But I still need to thank you for showing me how much of a pathetic little idiot I was for crushing on you." Stephanie said with her tone full of venom.

She turned around to walk out of the small closet, but then suddenly stopping in her tracks.

"You asked me if I missed the time you made me feel like a princess...it was fun... but why would I want to feel like a princess again when right now I feel like a queen?"

She said with a victorious smile before leaving Austin behind, and this time for good.

Her tummy was still grumbling furiously when she finally arrived at the cafeteria. Not so far from the entrance, her friends were sitting around a table, eating and laughing. Stephanie smiled at that before going to get herself a tray of food. After getting herself some food, she went to sit next to her boyfriend by the table. The group greeted her with a smile, the brightest one belonging to the boy beside her. "Hey, what took you so long? I got slightly worri-" he didn't get a chance to finish his sentence before Stephanie locked their lips for a breathtaking kiss. Ooh's and whistles could be heard from Mark, Morgan, and Nate and even from some other students from nearby tables.

Stephanie broke the kiss with a smile, looking Matthew deeply in the eyes. "What was that for?" He asked in almost a whisper. "Nothing serious... Just happy about the fact you are my boyfriend, that's all." She said and then giggled at the how sappy the whole thing is.

But it is in fact true. Stephanie is a whipped woman.