Chapter 1

It had been a year since the news of the Opera Ghost's death. I read in the newspapers. Yet they were wrong. I just smirked at the paper in my hand. My father and I had successfully faked my death. The only regret that I had was that Christine still believes that I am dead; but it was for the best. So, with the news of my death, I could honestly haunt the Opera House, and no one would look for me, even though there are a few that still come down to see where the infamous Phantom of The Opera lived. With that I crumpled the newspaper from today and threw it into the lake. As the ripples slowly faded away, I saw my reflecting. I was at least six-foot tall. I wore a white shirt, which could be called a pirate shirt, and black dress pants with black shoes. Today I decided not to wear a vest, my coat, or my cloak. Then I focused on my face. I had blond hair. Then my face was covered by a mask that covered my entire face except my eyes and around my mouth. Then I landed on my eyes the only thing about my face that I like, they were blue.

"So, how have you been Erik?", Gérard said as he walked upped to me, as he reached me he patted me on the back. Just before we had faked my death he confessed that he was my father, but I always knew.

"So, it's been a year has it?" Gérard said while holding a newspaper in his hand.

"Apparently, at least Carlota and her spineless husband left. I wonder how they are doing?"

"Please tell me you did not do anything to them."

"For the hundredth time I did nothing but haunt them to make them leave. I might have left a couple of rats here and there for Carlota. Besides, you got your job back because they left."

"As long as you did not kill them."

"Gérard, I did not kill them I might have mentally impaired them and any one that has come down here but as you know I do not kill anyone anymore."

With that a voice could be heard from the stage. In certain parts of my underground world, I could hear everything that was going on with rehearsals for new plays that was taking place on the stage. The voice, that I heard was dreadful, the singer was trying her best to reach the note but could not. The play that everyone was getting ready for was Faust. Everyone had at least heard Faust, but this girl could not reach the notes for Marguerite.

I looked over at Gérard, "Really this is the girl you chose to play Marguerite?"

"Now hold on Erik, we are holding auditions. You know we don't have a prima donna any more. I am afraid that we won't have one for this season."

"You could always ask Christine, back to sing she would come." I said with my voice showing no emotions.

"Erik, you do know that she is married to ."

"I know that she is married, it's not like I don't read the newspaper." I said with a little anger in my voice. While, I nodded to the newspaper in the lake. "It's just I have not read about her singing at all. He is keeping her locked up like a caged song bird. Gérard! she was born to sing." With that I went to my music room, this room and my dreamery were the places that I would go to when I tried to stay calm. My music room had a black piano in the middle, the only light that was given was a few candelabras that gave everything a glow. To the right side of the room, I had other instruments. To the left was a table with a mirror attached to it. On the table there were mask that showed every emotion. Since my face was to hideous to be seen at all. There was also a folder in the corner of the mirror.

Gerard came in after me and sadly looked at the mirror, "Erik, I will write to her asking her to sing this season, but I cannot promise that she will come. If she does what are you going to do, this will torture you. She is a married woman Erik."

"I do not know what I will do but I will know when the time comes. Do you remember Ange?" I looked at him through the mirror.

"Angel, yes I remember her." Gerard sighed. "You do know she is dead."

"Yes", I said sadly while I picked upped the folder there was a picture that I drew of her and the music we wrote together but never finished. "Yes, I know she is dead. My angel is dead."